Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How To Get Legal Walls?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by SPINage, Mar 21, 2006.

Share This Page

1. SPINage

SPINage Senior Member

Spring is here and summer's coming up soon. Me and my crew want to try and get a couple businesses in town to let us paint productions on their walls. I'm sure alot of you have done legals in the past. How do you persuade skeptic business owners to let you paint their property? What are some strategies to use when asking the owners? What type of businesses are most likely to let you paint? Thanks in advance.

Peace!

2. toon!..

toon!.. Elite Member

i dont care.....no business would let you paint on there building..jus look for legal walls

3. joker00

joker00 Elite Member

usuually there are like jams at the legal and if u good enough of have a hook up u shud get word of it and when u do u will find the legals idk bout all of them but atlest 1

4. FWBMeth

FWBMeth Senior Member

why bother with getting legals just bomb it and hope for the best

5. MTL113

MTL113 Member

a guy in my class asked a garage place if he could make a piece on the wall behind and he accepted! so there is ppl that will let u bomb on their property

6. `~SNEK~'

`~SNEK~' Elite Member

cuz your the retarded cartman in your sig...

if you go bomb shit... and then ask if you could paint it.. youd look madd stupidd...

7. FWBMeth

FWBMeth Senior Member

i dont kmean go bomb and then ask u dumb ass i mean just bomb

8. FWBMeth

FWBMeth Senior Member

and dont diss cartman he kick yo ass anyday

9. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

just ask...show previous work, consult your city if there are any laws against it (in the US there will probably be in the downtown or business areas or even residential areas)...

10. What Happened to the Letters?

What Happened to the Letters? Elite Member

fwb, the reason they want a legal is so they can do high quality large peices that will be seen by lots of peoepl without having to wory about the legal matters, not so they can fuckin bomb it...

id say ask aroudn all your local skateshops, if one has a wall facing a parking lot im sure theyd let you do a peice there if your good enough

Why don't you incorporate a large peice of the companies name into the center then do your names aroudn the outsides...id acctually tell them that is your plan if they'll agree to let you paint it, im sure that would help you more cause they'll think oh wow free advertising why not and youll think wow huge open canvas for only me that wont be buffed until a new company comes along in a few years...

11. FWBMeth

FWBMeth Senior Member

or do pieces at a skatepark they legal for me dont know bout u but they will get buffed if they suck shit or have profanity in it

12. Nyc Sno

Nyc Sno Elite Member

i was getting my hair cut and i had put under my finger nails and he was like so u do some graffiti i guess and me sounding sarcastic said i dont know what ur talking about and we both knew i was bullshittin and hes like how long u been doing it im like a couple year and hes like u good and im like yea and hes like can i see an example me being skeptic asked for what and he said the wall on the side of the buisness is kinda oring and he wanted to gie it some life so me and a couple people did a mural on his buisness and now we get free hair cuts whenever we want

13. obseen

obseen Elite Member

thats a cool story

14. FUTUERS FWBCREW

FUTUERS FWBCREW Senior Member

thats dope yo and getting a leagl wall in your town would be sick yo

15. koper

koper Banned

I've never done it, however i have given a considerable amount of thought to it, and talked to some people who work for the city, and advised me of some different strategies.

Try this:

Find a building in an excellent location, somewhere in the city that is known for being trendy. Those are the places where: [a] The business owners will be most likely to conform, and There is already likely a concentration of graffiti there.
    The trick is to find a business which is really badly vandalised. Like a place that people just keep hitting up, and the business keeps removing, over and over. Then you walk in there, talk to the owner about how much he/she spends on graffiti removal. Then tell them you could make it so that they wouldn't ever havbe to pay for those expenses again, and that you can help advertise for them. This will probably be enough to convince a surprising amount of owners.
    Then you proceed to talk out the details, see what they want done, and try to strike a compromise so you still have a ton of creative control. You can even probably squeeze the cost of paint supplies, and possibly even your time out of the owner.

Or if your really crazy just go find a business with a spot you like, keep vandalising it after they remove it. Then walk in and do the same to them. :blink:

16. koper

koper Banned

nice, lets see the wall. I'm a skeptic.

17. FWBMeth

FWBMeth Senior Member

thats pretty kick ass, people here are old and crazy, like i hit up a cable box and some old fuck was bitchin at me, i hate people who care unless they cops because how does fuckin graffiti affect them unless u tag any of there property

18. tha boy in da corner

tha boy in da corner Elite Member

get a place where the walls outside the buildings and tell em having some beautiful work on it will keep bombers away...
    but you shoul do sumthin like puttin props or sumthin for the one who bombed it before so he dont get pissed and cross you...
    never did it but that's how i'll do it if i had to

19. kill

kill Elite Member

ask owners of places that are heavily vandalized
    like mentioned before

20. `~SNEK~'

`~SNEK~' Elite Member

haha... ill stomp on cartmans bitch ass... nigga like 3 feet... and if you gon talk shit... you actually battle me here... so go suck a dick or battle...