Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 1 of 60 123456112151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Default Philisophical Concepts

aight i remember there uswed to be a thread like this a long ass time ago. post up ure philosophies an thoughts, deep shit. try to keep them original, but if its really good feel free to quote sumone.
    aight ill kick it off.

"as far as im conserned there are only two types of people in this world. people who go around problems an then people who break through them."
    sire!! oMn & uhf clan

rep yo city

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

This is a great idea for a thread.

Having studies philosophy in depth at university i consider myself to have a pretty good grip on this shit.

Ofcourse nothing is really original as far as philospphy goes these days, most everything you hear is just someone else's concept just reworded in a different metaphor most of the time.

So, a good place to begin is cartesian doubt as far as i'm concerned:
    So decarte was able to doubt himself from all of his sensory persections, simply by denying them as truisms if they had any fault in them at all. Eventually he was able to doubt the existence of everything, the entire physical world. The one thing descarte couldn't doubt was the fact that he was doubting. Therefore something existed right? At the most descarte was able to prove that he himself existed as a thinking entity, but nothing beyond that.

A great extension of that is to say that maybe i am the only real thing in the universe. It's plausible, no? Say that i am the only thing that exists, being only a conscious entity. Remember i have doubted away the physical world long before this point. So everyone i "meet" and everyone i "fuck" and everyone i "interact" with at all is completely a figment of my imagination. This is all plausible under descarte's platform. Here's the kicker. No one is able to prove to me that i am not the only thing in the universe, that i am not just making up everyone else and all their words and ideas. I guess somebody could come up to me and say "No! You arent the only living entity because i also can call myself a living entity, i also am conscious and aware of my consciousness, therefore you aren't the ONLY one. In otherwords you aren't the controller of the universe" But even this i could gauk at under my logic because it could just be another figment of my imagination. There is no way for anyone to prove to me that i am not the only thing in the universe. You could kill me. If i died and everything kept going, the world kept rotating, and people kept shopping, then that would prove that i dont own it all in my mind. However if i was dead i couldn't see that, so i can never know.

So hell maybe i am the only thing in the entire universe? Seems kinda bland that i would sit here and discuss it on a forum rather than take advantage of it and fuck playboy bunnies on my island mansion made of tranformers.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by koper View Post
    This is a great idea for a thread.

Having studies philosophy in depth at university i consider myself to have a pretty good grip on this shit.

Ofcourse nothing is really original as far as philospphy goes these days, most everything you hear is just someone else's concept just reworded in a different metaphor most of the time.

So, a good place to begin is cartesian doubt as far as i'm concerned:
    So decarte was able to doubt himself from all of his sensory persections, simply by denying them as truisms if they had any fault in them at all. Eventually he was able to doubt the existence of everything, the entire physical world. The one thing descarte couldn't doubt was the fact that he was doubting. Therefore something existed right? At the most descarte was able to prove that he himself existed as a thinking entity, but nothing beyond that.

A great extension of that is to say that maybe i am the only real thing in the universe. It's plausible, no? Say that i am the only thing that exists, being only a conscious entity. Remember i have doubted away the physical world long before this point. So everyone i "meet" and everyone i "fuck" and everyone i "interact" with at all is completely a figment of my imagination. This is all plausible under descarte's platform. Here's the kicker. No one is able to prove to me that i am not the only thing in the universe, that i am not just making up everyone else and all their words and ideas. I guess somebody could come up to me and say "No! You arent the only living entity because i also can call myself a living entity, i also am conscious and aware of my consciousness, therefore you aren't the ONLY one. In otherwords you aren't the controller of the universe" But even this i could gauk at under my logic because it could just be another figment of my imagination. There is no way for anyone to prove to me that i am not the only thing in the universe. You could kill me. If i died and everything kept going, the world kept rotating, and people kept shopping, then that would prove that i dont own it all in my mind. However if i was dead i couldn't see that, so i can never know.

So hell maybe i am the only thing in the entire universe? Seems kinda bland that i would sit here and discuss it on a forum rather than take advantage of it and fuck playboy bunnies on my island mansion made of tranformers.
    Iv'e thought of this before to . Deriving from the philosophy I think there for I am. besides that we know nothing. Reality is whatever we perceive and beleive it to be. I might not even be typing this right now. I might be a 67 year old hindu man doing a handstand and drinking tea On an acid trip imagining all of this. Im typing right now simply because I beleive I am. If I can find a way to completly convince my self that Im purple. Than I am purple. Factualy to my self.

Koper what did you gain from taking philosophy ? Career wise? And are you less happy as a person? Every I get on a philosophy spree and find my self feeling insane or depressed. Maybe Im just to pessimistic about it

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Extra Terrestrials have manipulated our DNA and humanities direction as a whole for millions if not billions of years.

Hows that for philosophy. We are stagnant water.

Quote Originally Posted by whynot? View Post
    Iv'e thought of this before to . Deriving from the philosophy I think there for I am. besides that we know nothing. Reality is whatever we perceive and beleive it to be. I might not even be typing this right now. I might be a 67 year old hindu man doing a handstand and drinking tea On an acid trip imagining all of this. Im typing right now simply because I beleive I am. If I can find a way to completly convince my self that Im purple. Than I am purple. Factualy to my self.
    Thats what i think too but...i realized i should not apply this way of thinking on a daily basis cause i mean...thats not practical at all. Its the best way to end fucked cause you think you cant know anything or cause you think that what you know is probably fake. Too much questioning leads to non-action to me and ends with more new problems that solved ones. I dont say that questioning is wrong..i just think it should have limits.

Every I get on a philosophy spree and find my self feeling insane or depressed. Maybe Im just to pessimistic about it
    ..just like i said^^
    Last edited by -HLK-; 10-14-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

word up to KOPER, i also have thought vaguely about perception and reality. i read a report about a man who lived 13 years out in a dream, then woke up.

heres a thought about the "universe"

i came up with this while i was watching the history channel about the creation of the universe. i havent came up with a cool-ass way of explaining this yet, so ill just throw what i have out there.

- Im sure atleast some of you have seen diagrams comparing out planet compared to the other planets in our solar system, then our sun compared to other stars to the point where it becomes microscopic. this puts into perspective how small and insignificant we are compared to other things in the universe. to make a rough estimate, we are individually smaller than an atom in the space of an average sized bedroom. some scientist even say that our universe has boundaries.
    would it not then be possible that our universe could really be what we see as a molecule inside of another universe, and so on. the lifespan of our universe being relative to the time it takes a rain drop to reach the ground, thus putting us into a slower moving time than the greater universe we are apart of. -

well thats it in a nutshell i could have elaborated but i wouldnt want to make it boring.

p.s. i was trippin pretty hard when i came up with this.

dextromorphen
    diphenhydramine
    dimehydrinate

Koper what did you gain from taking philosophy ? Career wise? And are you less happy as a person? Every I get on a philosophy spree and find my self feeling insane or depressed. Maybe Im just to pessimistic about it
    this is the most stupidest thing i have ever heard
    i am taking psychology at my college right now and it is interesting as shit
    but just cause you think ur 67 year old hindu doesnt make you
    your just yr old trying to come up with concepts of the world that make no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Crying_Indian View Post
    Just you and me bitch. Just you and me.
    Heart of a Gangsta, Mind of a Hustla, Tongue of a Pimp

Whynot- Tell your self that you cannot die, then go ahead and stab your self repeatedly with a knife in the stomach. I promise you won't die if you think it...

DaCrazy- No one deserves to be proud for what they were born into. Sure diffrent colored people have accomplished things (Albert Einstein, MLKJ, Ghandi, etc) But, does that mean you can be proud? What have you done to be proud? All you did was crawl out of you mother with a certain colored skin, that doesn't mean anything. Once you do something great, then talk about being proud.

Gizurd- Interesting thought, personally I believe that the universe is forever expanding to a certain point, then gravity will bring everything back. Like Einsteins theory of general relativity, or atleast I think it was that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddles912300 View Post
    Whynot- Tell your self that you cannot die, then go ahead and stab your self repeatedly with a knife in the stomach. I promise you won't die if you think it...

DaCrazy- No one deserves to be proud for what they were born into. Sure diffrent colored people have accomplished things (Albert Einstein, MLKJ, Ghandi, etc) But, does that mean you can be proud? What have you done to be proud? All you did was crawl out of you mother with a certain colored skin, that doesn't mean anything. Once you do something great, then talk about being proud.

Gizurd- Interesting thought, personally I believe that the universe is forever expanding to a certain point, then gravity will bring everything back. Like Einsteins theory of general relativity, or atleast I think it was that theory.
    i agree with 1 and 3 but not 2
    havent you ever heard of black power or brown pride???
    i dont really care about my skin color so im pretty neutral either way (i dont really care is what i mean)
    but what do you mean "gravity will bring everything back"? like a reverse big bang?
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Crying_Indian View Post
    Just you and me bitch. Just you and me.
    Heart of a Gangsta, Mind of a Hustla, Tongue of a Pimp

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by LostYouth View Post
    this is the most stupidest thing i have ever heard
    i am taking psychology at my college right now and it is interesting as shit
    but just cause you think ur 67 year old hindu doesnt make you
    your just yr old trying to come up with concepts of the world that make no sense
    Ya if your being closed minded about it.

If I truely 100% completly and honestly beleive I am a hindu man than I am! Reality exsist only to each individual. There is no example of reality because there is no superior to set an example of it. Reality is based on perception and beleif. Now the convincing my self whould be the only improbable thing about this but if I can get past that and beleive I am now a hindu man than I am. Maybe you and the rest of the world wont look at me as a hundu man. But too me that doesnt matter. Your sense of reality and mine are different and neither is more correct than the other because yours cant out way mine. Your equal to me as far as im concerned your no more right than I am. What do i care of your beleifs? To me my mind is the most important thing I can live my life thinking im hindu and die thinking im hindu. Even though technicly to be hindu I have to be of hindu blood. If i go my intire life beleiving i am. Than to me I am. To you I died wrong and incorrect. But I dont Know than im dead. So i died correct. A correct hindu man...

Get it!

If my philosophys stupid then why dont you give us one hm?..

And as for the dieing thing... thats different that goes away from what im talking about. I never said this concept makes you immortal. Dead isnt a mental state! Its nothing I can describe it goes completly out of the context Im talking about beleif and reality. Your just looking for ways to prove me wrong but obviously you havn't grasped the concept at all.
    ... idiot

Baron-If he's dead how is he picturing magical clouds? Or do I only think he's dead?
    Whynot-That cleared things up but, doesn't that seem kinda irresponsible? I mean couldn't you justify everything in your mind? Murder,theft etc can all be justified in your mind if you perceive things just from your stand point. But the hindhu man thing makes complete sense, LostYouth if you don't get it, he means that he is a hindhu man in his mind, not in reality. It's like Fight Club, where the narrator thinks he is Tyler Durden, thus he is.

the glass is half empty
    and
    the glass is half full

what do you call that?

a paradox.
    Feliks owns you.

Feliks: "In conclusion: What's the point of asking me if you don't look first? That just makes you a postwhore?

Kayone707: "And it makes you suspended."

i think a thread like this is a bit too much for the BS kiddies to handle...
    im sure theres a good handfull of people who could contribute something worthwhile to it but for the most part kids are just gonna spout bullshit or copy shit from websites or books.. and KOPER dont think im talking about you because im not.. im just making a statement about how i see the future of this thread going.. its a great idea for a thread but i just dont think it can happen here as well as we would like.

if i get bored enough ill divulge a bit of what ive came to upon my years of pondering things... but we'll have to see. it takes quite a bit to put it into words again..
    ~ em eff sea ~ 666camp ~

Quote Originally Posted by GeSuS_KRiST View Post
    hes really a mad scientist warlock warewolf vampire dark lord from the triple six super hero crew

ill die before your name does. waster12

"Life is ephemeral. Don't waste it looking up big words"

Fanny pack don't be party pooper! I think a great way to stop the kiddies who aren't serious about this is to just ignore their comments. If they contribute something valid, then it doesn't matter as long as it's serious. I really like this thread. I'm actually taking philosophy right now and have also discussed MANY things with a friend of mine in the wee hours of the morning because we're both insomniacs. Anyway. Let's hope for the best!
    ToneDope, thanks for putting up this thread. I really appreciate it.

As for what M.A.C said in the quote. I like how that relates to art.

Maybe I'm looking to much into it. But when I went to the art museum last year there was this little comb and etched into it was a tiny thing saying something like the pebbles fall, but the wood is blahb lah blah" It actually didn't sound anything like that but it was so long ago.

The point is that your brain automatically tries to put two and two together. In this case, it was what the comb had to do with the poem. It doesn't have anything to do with it. They considered it art *shrug* I guess in a way it was, but more of an art lesson. What I got from it was that art doesn't have to be what everyone thinks it is, but what you think it is and then having the ability to explain why it's art.
    In relation to the quote, I like how at first you take the whole quote liteally. Of course most people wouldn't understand what ephemeral means but it's "short". So then you look at the next sentence and it tells you not to waste your "ephemeral" time on looking up big words. The quote is actually literal. I like it.
    Feliks owns you.

Feliks: "In conclusion: What's the point of asking me if you don't look first? That just makes you a postwhore?

Kayone707: "And it makes you suspended."

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Sometimes you'll never find what you're looking for until you've lost it...

how is one sure that red isn't blue and blue not red ,white not black or green...who knows the truth of these things ?none i say! we have only become a complacent people....

a dragonlfly hovers motionless in front of my eyes ,locusts and cicadas harmonize together making seasonal melodies as honey bees buzz in their toils for the sake of honey sweet...

nothing exists without the existence of nothing imagine if you can nothing...I say you can't and if you could then nothing would matter which is a contradiction...that's when they gave nothing a name, God...

a common thing is for the ignorant to worship what they cannot understand...I must be uncommon,for i have no desire to worship trivial things like algebra and those cool little things that women who will never marry you do...

Ive also thought of all these things, and being under the influence of Mar-eh-jah-wanna is making me feel like that shits real and shit... Oh my im fucked up.
    That's why AA is my fuckin American Idol
    witty comments like this makes this guy a star
    ^Whoa

heh, it's funny cuz his name is alcoholics anonymous, and we're speaking as if it was a...

oh hell, you all know why it's funny
    ^FoeOne

haha

yo you gotta problem today, hit up AA, he got more shit then a pharm-ma-say

sucka ass fools!

whut whut

yo theme song
    ^Gesus

did you seriously just spell lion with an e
    ^E Terror sonnn

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

koper said what i was thinking, in better words and longer.
    i didnt know decarte was the one who first recorded those types of theories though.
    sickswonfiev
    The position of the artist is humble. He is essentially a channel ~ Piet Mondrian

anyone interested in this shit should check out the TTC lectures on philosophy.. you can find them on the internet or you can buy them for like 300 dollars for the series.. its like maybe a weeks worth of lectures starting from the greeks to modern philosophers. good shit.
    ~ em eff sea ~ 666camp ~

Quote Originally Posted by GeSuS_KRiST View Post
    hes really a mad scientist warlock warewolf vampire dark lord from the triple six super hero crew

ill die before your name does. waster12