Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 34 of 112 FirstFirst ... 14242930313233343536373839445484 ... LastLast

as long as the polls stay withinh the toy forum wtf is there problem .... . shit we need healthy comp to keep the vibe flowin .... from what ive seen over the past 5 months is the toy forum is where the buzz is at ..... . fuck haters in '06 we come to regulate and invalidate .. ive searchd around and BS is the most organized friendly site out here .. . keep it fresh and lets progress . . . . cezr and nci need to cont to rep . . . . the reg thread is just a billboard w/ no actual insight/crits being dropped . . . . HOLLA ... my theme song is mary ajne by rick james

shoulda read cezr post before i busted off at the mouth ... .battles DO need ot be taken seriously .... . . fuck 30 to 1 hour sketches, that shit against bore took me almost 3 hours non stop from pencil to finish .... . battles should only be your very very best . , . . .as could be subjectivelt decided by a very repected person like cezr or nci . . . . .

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

it's not lookin too good for us guys

Kayone doesn't really want us to have battles (says we dont need an ego boost). He's even arguin with koper so I dont wanna see wha he's gonna say to me h34r:

But when the times right I'll pop in th convo and tell em how it is B)
    Sig

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Originally posted by C3ZR ONE@Jul 29 2006, 12:35 AM
    I see your points and I'll make note of it to them in the mod forum, but You should know there points as well so you aren't confused behind the reasoning. Also If you know there concerns, maybe you can come up with a satisfying solution. Capo says we should have equal rights to competition as non toys, but go look in battle forums... The big boys almost never have 1 on 1 battles, nor do they have a beef thread, in fact, I know people are banned on the daily for beefing in the big boy thread, (other than general discussion). The non toys have had 1, maybe 2, 1on 1 battles in the last couple months? We're organising them daily. That's an unequal ratio. Next point is, it will clog up the newest 5 threads list. If theres a way to set up battles without them going on that list, there might be a better chance of keeping battles.
    Next point- Non toys work hard for the organized battles all week, busting there asses to make the best of the best sketch. One that will rep them, that will win, that they can be proud of without flaw. We on the other hand are running around jumping into every battle we can get into, half of which don't get followed thru with, the other half aren't given enough attention cuzz we got 3 more sketches to do. The battle forum was revamped for a reason guys. The times that we remember as "good times" where we could poll our own shit and throw any little battle we wanted are the times that the older heads remember as the "bad times" when we started losing some truly gifted writers because of all the crap they saw in battle forum. They thought the site was going entirely to the toys. If we're gonna be able to continue to have battles, we're going to have to start taking them more seriously, as the non toys do, and the toys entering the weekly toy battles hosted in battle forum. One of the mods, who is also one of the best writers on this forum, and has spent alot of time in the past helping toys said it like this- "If toys want an ego boost, they'll need to work for it, by entering the weekly organized battles."
    Now you know what you're up against. If you love these battles, and want to keep them, then brainstorm instead of getting pissed. You know there arguments. Develope one of your own and I will present it. I see my job as mod a 50/50.
    50% keeping order in the forum I'm assigned.
    50% serving those in the forum that I'm assigned.
    That's about all I can say on this. Good luck guys.

***Last note- One thing that does not fly on here in any forum for any reason is saying "fuck them" to any of the mods on here whether you agree with them or not. They aren't out to fuck you over, they're just trying to make this forum quality and believe me, there's alot of work put into that. If you dissagree with them, be diplomatic about it or they wont even listen. It has long been a rule that beefing with a mod gets your account suspended. That's why I'm editing certain posts on this page. I'm not being a fascist nazi, but I'll assume the remark wasn't worth being banned over. Just think of a more intelligent way to make your case.

Well that was a fuckin marathon of a post. Peace out little crackers. :lol:
    haha i think thats the first time ive ever had one of my posts censored. well, i understand, and i apologize for my rash wpeaking.

u know, i never thought of it that way, i gotta admit, my last battle entries, i maybe spent half an hour on at the very most. i think its fair that ill start putting a lot more effort into the competition. but im afraid i cant say that for everyone else.

now i wanna suggest, though i doubt very much ull like this idea, is ppl have asked for a toy battle forum in the past. but we can have it so no threads in that forum get in the latest 5. toys can just check in. how about it?

another idea, is that all the toy battles should be put together and sent to you. then you can pick the best three to put up. (if any 3 are worthy, im not suggesting that any 3 go up). that should be enough to keep us happy, the rest will go here to be discussed. waddaya think?

we'll all promise to try to take the battles more seriously
    thanks again cezr.
    peace.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

ye
    like some sort of sub-forum thingy
    another forum
    a forum for british writiers
    pm me here
    dont click here
    </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE (umop 3pisdn)</td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>i can do that in marc eckos getting up</td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'>

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

idk about a sub forum. creating a whole new forum just to make us happy would be extremely unfair to all the other people on BS. but i think it would be good to keep battle threads out of the 5 thread thingy. and maybe limit the amount of battles someone can have in a week down to one or two. the toy battles good or a t least was. but none of the good toys do it anymore. theres not much motivation anymore. all you see is people who have been writing for a week. i know thats what its for but if everyone would start doing the organized battle again. then idk. i think everyoone has good points. if we could just work out a medium. like only a 1 on 1 battle once or twice a week. and allow that in the big boy thread too. because when you wanna call someone out you don&#39;t want to have to add 2 more people just so it&#39;ll get polled.

c3zr-your a great mod so far. not that koper or anyone isn&#39;t. they just got fed up with all our shit... your not to that point yet so it sall good :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by revolt92 View Post
    But thats because your hardcore, uhhh

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

wait, y would it be unfair to the others on the forum? they wouldnt even have to see it, it would be a link from within the toy forum, not on the main page. i dont understand.

peace.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

it would be dope to have a best of the best(toy) battle every now n then.
    pz

Whatever fuck it drop the poll, mods win except in rare cases where its real shit like bore and sky5 but I dont think theirs going to be much of anything like that for a while. Untill then we can settle it without polls and be men about it and decide a winner.
    Fuck bitches, get money.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Originally posted by NICCSACC@Jul 29 2006, 11:23 AM
    it would be dope to have a best of the best(toy) battle every now n then.
    pz
    that woul be pretty class
    like it would happen at the endof every month, or maybe throughout the month theres a competition to see whos the best and about 5 people make it to the finals
    its been done before but not in the toy forum
    another forum
    a forum for british writiers
    pm me here
    dont click here
    </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE (umop 3pisdn)</td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>i can do that in marc eckos getting up</td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'>

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

you know what im sayin tho. lets work on it.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

We got 2 toy battles a week. No uber toy ones though. If you guys wanna battle we gotta see that you put effort into it. But at least we&#39;re allowed to battle (and I doubt there&#39;ll be more than 2 battles a week.

Give your thanks to cezr for this <3
    Sig

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yeah thats propper

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

jesus i want to battle someone right now&#33; any medium any style just whoevers is ice cold will win.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

sure. why not.

word- your choice

style- piece

colors- 3 max

due-tuesdayyy

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

aight then gee. im down for that.

word: GAMER

peice

colors: 3 max

due: tuesday

should i pm or just post it in this thread?

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

can i get in on that?
    doubt ill beat u tho nicc

peace.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

go for it

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

PM entries to me or C3ZR (as a bundle)

Put all your effort into it... If it&#39;s too toy we wont accept it.

Mind if I get in on the battle too? (not for sure, but if the options open?)
    Sig

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

sure why not. so how about everyone pm there stuff seperatly to nci. since hes in on the battle and all?

oh and one questions about the battles. if theres like 5 people battling and one persons classifed as "too toy" then does the whole battle get thrown out or just that persons entry?