Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Thikening Ink~flowpen Help

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by tubes_one, Apr 11, 2006.

Share This Page

1. tubes_one

tubes_one Member

i jsut got a new flowpen and its leaking from were you unscrew it to refil. its tightened completely but stil leaks. do u think i need to thiken my ink? or is ther too much ink?help please =]

2. maJesTic

maJesTic Member

yeh ..u should sheck around it ..it mite hav a crack somewhere ..maybe ??

3. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

get some duck tape or electrical tape and tape around it, it might stop the ink from leaking it does on mops most of the time

4. smartSOFT

smartSOFT Senior Member

return it man..if its cracked or someshit thats not ur fault..unless you did it

if you just bought it chances are something happened when it was shipped

5. smartSOFT

smartSOFT Senior Member

edit

accidentally double posted

6. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

just use superglue around the seals. it will make it hard as hell to refill but it will fix your problem. and so you know, next time dont buy a flopen. out of all the otr markers its like the most likely to make a huge mess in your pocket and ruin good underwears

7. DOOM SV

DOOM SV Member

yo my mini flow leaks a LITTLE too, like if i hold it upside down, itll get in the cap and when i open it, i get green ink all up on my hands....sucks.

8. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

These are one of the 50 reasons as to why NOT to buy OTR's......but if it wasnt your fault, check it out and see whats wrong, if you wanna try to fix it, i HIGHLY recommend (like MoNkEy said) Electrical tape...and if you wanna thicken your ink....kool aid powder.....:D

And by the way....MoNkEy im in love with your Sig Clip haha...i watch it for like 50 seconds before i post......

9. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

happens to me too. only on flowpens though.....not on my h2b.

10. toke_wdc

toke_wdc Elite Member

that probably means you pumped it too much and the ink stayed inside the cap instead of coming out of the nib. thats what happened to me when i got my first flowpen. or, if you over-twisted the cap you cracked the seal thing and the valve isn't closed so the ink leaks out.

11. Atom1er

Atom1er Senior Member

if you unscrew the cap on a flow pen and look behind the nib is there a little circular sponge? if there is cut up alittle peice of foam like the circular one for good flow and put it in. that helps absorb some extra ink
    works well with zigs so why not with OTRS
    they are both the same thing
    but to answer the thickening ink part
    razor always says add koolaid powder
    it helps thicken it and makes it smell good too
    or cigarette ash does the trick

12. Ekclipz

Ekclipz New Member

DONT THICKIN YOUR INK.....OMG THATS LIKE SLAPPING GOD IN THA FACE ...trust me ....my montanamarker is hard to bare wit since tha ink is thick ...thats why i always bring my flowpen around me like a gangster wit hes gun