Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Painting Trains

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by the infamous one, Jul 10, 2004.

Share This Page

1. the infamous one

the infamous one Elite Member

hey, i was thinking about paintin a train but someone told me that becuase the train is steel the paint drips real easily, are there any ways of gettin around this or should i just get some real thick paint, i have montana hardcore so would that be ok to use? any help would be greatly appriciated :D

2. mano

mano Senior Member

hey kid have u ever graffed up a train before.?
    when i paint trains i dont get much drips
    maybe for the inside color but for the outline
    every once in while...
    what can i say shit jus happens

3. the infamous one

nah ive never painted a train, thanks for the insight

4. oblong

oblong Elite Member

if you dont know that i dont think you are ready to paint trains honestly
    most people dont start painting trains until they have actually been seriosuly in the game for over 2 years and have a really good idea of what they are doing. im not saying you dont btu its jsut a heads up.

5. jurass finish first

jurass finish first Elite Member

a train was one of the first things i painted haha. and it was the first time i used silver and never knew it ate up other paint. damn that sucked

but ya i regret doin it cuz it makes melook like shit

6. ares

ares Elite Member

If you have to ask about things like this, you shouldn't be painting trains.

7. EasE OnE

EasE OnE Member

I agree with oblong. i thought i was hot shit and went out to paint a train. didnt know bout the secerity. had to run for my fuckin life. now i just stick to the concrete.

8. shyone

shyone Elite Member

9. The Most Sadistic

The Most Sadistic Elite Member

10. Flow

Flow Elite Member

Yes, go to a website and do some e-graffiti, then you'll be ready to paint freights.

Those who know, know that that sentence was said with the purest of sarcasm possible.
    There are a couple of threads about painting trains, look at them, research and study. If not, there are a large number of things that may happen to you or your piece.

11. the infamous one

well thanks alot guys, looks like im still to shit to paint a train, but ill keep practicin

12. glue

glue Elite Member

i hit a few trains yesterday. it was my second time in a yard. theres realy tight security. it didnt drip at all, i used colour vision, its really thick.

13. -> DUMB ONE <-

-> DUMB ONE <- Elite Member

no i doubt he has, i doubt you have either.

14. anec

anec Member

just find some trains that arent moving and theres no heat practice up there and then when ur ready and ur ok with all surfaces to paint on(some rusty and have ridges,steel or just regular) and u like how it looks go out on the other ones

15. panic

panic Elite Member

painting trains is illegal! :eek:
    graffiti is illegal!!!

oh my god what have i done??

16. SLY

SLY Elite Member

i always chilled aroudn the tracks b4 i painted and i never was harassed or seen... i never painted a train because i dont see the point... like i dont want to bring a camera with me while im painting and once im dun i might want to fix it up a little if there are any drips... but i doubt id ever see it again so i see no point in it...

17. oblong

oblong Elite Member

exactly
    it maty be worth it considering it travels around canadaor us or we
    but getting caught in a yard is some bad shit
    some guys in my city got cuaght in a yard in the day jsut taking pictures
    and they had to do huge reports on yard safety
    and present them to the police
    not fun

18. draino

draino Senior Member

i havent actually painted a train before but close to my house, theres this place where the unload trains. thats probably the best place to go hit em up cuz their easy of acces. ill be going sometime though

19. glue

glue Elite Member

not all types of trains drip! there was this certain one i hit and it driped like crazy. and there are some points to painting trains, one main point is that they travel!! and more people see them.
    and freight yards have mad security! we tried walking into one a wile ago and there were speakers that sid "we see you" then we froze "get off the tracks" so we booked and went in a safer way. once your in the yard i suggest your quite because there are people walking around marking freights and shit. and they have these truck thing that rool around, like the community patrol of the yard!
    thats just from my experience.

20. Flow

Flow Elite Member

Hahaha!