Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

unclogging cans?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Ka3s, Oct 27, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Ka3s

Ka3s New Member

I am going to apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place. Onward to my question though, I have a couple of cans of ironlak that are clogged and it comes out like silly string. any and all helpful comments are welcomed, I've cleaned out caps and tried new ones as well. now I'm at a stand still. Thanks everybody!

2. OcTO

OcTO New Member

Soak in 99.9% ethanol for an hour and then blow the gunk out.

3. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

hes on about the actual cans not the caps.

if the problem actually lies with the can then i dont think there is much you can do, the only thing i can recommend is shaking them up really well, putting them in a tub of fairly warm water for like 20 mins and then shake them up again and then see what happens.

failing that email ironlak themselves

4. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

Don't use Ironlak but here's how I handle this w/ other cans- shake well, like really well, at least 1 minute. Then you need the fattest cap you can get, like straight blaster cap, you need to blow out as much of that gunk and silly string as you can. Usually only takes me 2-3 sprays to accomplish this and then ready to go. 1st spray or so you need to hold down the cap and just let as much of that crap out as you can.

5. ARCOS

ARCOS Member

Turn it upside down and spray so only the aerosol comes out and that should unclogg both the cap and the can

6. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

good idea

7. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

I find (this is more for future) that when your finished with the can but it isn't empty spray it upside down until only the aerosol comes out, like what ARCOS said. stops clogs

8. slysenberg

slysenberg New Member

next time you do a throwie just pierce the can and use it for the fill