Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Painting A Shirt

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by aznroller911, Jul 10, 2004.

Share This Page

1. aznroller911

aznroller911 Member

i wanna paint a shirt and i've never done that and i got couple questions. please excuse my ignorance. 1. should i use airbrush or spray paint with skinny tip and such. 2 if i wash it would the paint fade or get smudged?? thanks.

2. SLY

SLY Elite Member

try both, but use 2 bucks shirts and wash them at a laundry place so if the paint come off u dont fuck up ur own washing machine

3. dcite

dcite Elite Member

airbrush would be better, sharper lines, but either works. also for airbrush you can buy fabric paints. after your done, let the shirt dry, and than iron it before the first time you wash it. this should help the color stay good for longer. good luck man. post a pic of the shirt when its done!

4. aznroller911

aznroller911 Member

well sense i should use airbrush i gotta save money for it first :lol: how much r they? i was thinkin of drawing some cartoon characters or my original ones

5. CaSoNe

CaSoNe Elite Member

azn power!...yeah i been thinkin bout gettin into airbrush too...

6. dcite

dcite Elite Member

you can buy beginner airbrushes for not too expensive, but you need some kind of air source ::compressor:: also. i would just look on ebay for a nice cheap one, because no matter what if its in good shape, youll be fine. airbrushings a lot of fun man, its worth it. i think theres an airbrushing thread here somewhere..

7. JEK_oner

JEK_oner Member

testors make decent ones.. you can go all out and spend 500 bucks one one, or get a chap one with aerosol propellant for about 40 bucks..

i got the cheaper one and for the money it's well worth it.. you can adjust the lines and mix your own paints.. only thing is, the propellant can get pricey..

pick one up at walmart or your local hobby/model shop

8. oblong

oblong Elite Member

do whatever you want
    the internet doesnt have the answere to all your problems
    trial and error

9. halo

halo Senior Member

Comon man the kid just wants help.......I got a airbrush set from e-bay...they are alot of fun...not sure about the smudging/fading.......hope this helps......

10. Scaf.

Scaf. Senior Member

When i first started making my own shirts i just used DIMENSIONAL fabric paint to get some practice. My shit actually turned out really good, and as of today, i still have the shirts without it coming off.

11. jurass finish first

jurass finish first Elite Member

iron or dryclean before you wash- wash with cold water, drip dry
    damn rights im the next martha stewart

12. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

would decos stay on??.....or would they eventually peal off?...

13. kaotik_is_back

kaotik_is_back Senior Member

actually, you can buy good fabric spray paint at craft stores, and just buy some chitty shirts from hobby lob or wal-mart.. if you got a skinny cap handy, they will work fine.. but, if you can get ahold of some air brush equipment, that works too..

14. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

in this art shop near me they have special marker pens to use on shirts, they can be put in the wash and they wont be smudged or faded.

15. terdone

terdone Member

you should check out you local craft store like a micheals or fabric land they have dope paint markers with really think tips that you can replace so you can draw shit on you griptape and it wont matter there usualy around 6 bucks so you should buy one and steal abunch

16. halo

halo Senior Member

I thoght this was on shirts not griptape

17. esaem

esaem Senior Member

yeah, where the hell did that come from? :blink:

18. SBERK

SBERK Member

yo if you dont want to fuk with painting a shirt, you can use an iron-on technique too. here are the steps.

1. Find one of your blackbooks that has an A peice worthy enough of reproduction.

2. Skan that peice onto your computer. (if you dont have a scanner, go to a library or something)

3. (optional) If you have the PHOTOSHOP program you can fuck with the peice in photoshop, and fill it with a dope colour fade, whateva.

4. Get some IRON ON printing paper. You can get this at any grand + toy.

5. Print it out on the IRON ON PAPER.

6. IRON IT ON (instructions included in IRON on PAPER PACKAGE)

7. If you get quality paper, and spend some time cutting out the unnessasary parts of the paper, the IRON ON TECHNIQUE looks professional, and it lasts.

(or you can paint your shirt, whateva, im not tellin yall what to do.)

19. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

^^^^ thats dope, i will try, but what does grand + toy mean?.. where can i pick these up.....

20. esaem

esaem Senior Member

DA'SeLMeR'', you can usally get those at art craft stores