Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Weekly Toy Battle Poll C

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by koper, May 15, 2006.

Share This Page

?

who is the king of toys this week?

1. Rend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. J.A.B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maverick88

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mizta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Unlabeled

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Some Guy From NCI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koper

koper Banned

2. AoAssis

AoAssis Elite Member

mizta. Just get a better flick next time.

3. ner_one

ner_one Senior Member

4. SykE-TON

SykE-TON Member

Damn unlabled has a badass one.

5. BBoy_ErbN

BBoy_ErbN Senior Member

i really didnt like unlableds to be honest. Rend for me.

6. LuStErOcKs

LuStErOcKs Moderator

Rend:
    Your "COR" was starting to flow pretty nicely but then somewhere around the "AIL" you lost the flow, i dont know wether u wanted to hurry up and finish it to enter or what, maybe u should try taking ur time to do a piece instead of rushing, relax, have a can of pepsi and listen to some music get into the feel of drawing, fall in love with your piece. Your strong points on your piece i would have to say is your "COR" your "A" kinda got hidden dont be scared to experiment, and unhide your letters be more confident. you should try to be more simplistic with ur piece it dont have to be all crazy to win. also if you wanted to go into color, y not color the whole piece instead of one letter, because now the focus point in ur piece is the "R" just for the fact that it is different from all the other letters, son when people look at ur piece they will only see the "R" the most and u dotn want taht, u want everyone to notice the piece as a whole not as a single letter. so maybe next time try coloring the rest. liek i said try new things out and experiment. find out what u like, but remember its not all for you its mostly for the person thats looking at it, that will determine the ups and downs. u got some potential partner keep working those mines and eventually u will hit some gold.

J.A.B:
    You got a pretty solid piece going on right here,fairly clean lines and a solid outline, the only realy problems i see here are some not so wonderful placements of extentions, you really cant juss add on extentions anywhere you want they at least have to have some good placement to actually influxuate the piece. it seems like u added extentions to some parts of ur piece and not others, which kinda lost some of your flow u had going on for a bit.
    also my opinion on how ur letters bend in that way the 3d shouldnt go that way maybe u shoulda tried a inward 3d, or a down/inward 3d. which would make the piece flow better also, also i dont really see a "A" or a "I" your piece almost looks like it says CORNL, maybe u can adjust the way u set things up for future battles.goodwork though man.

Maverick88:
    i actually can cope with this piece a bit, remind me of late 70's graffiti work with the idea of buildings in the piece and the colors,pretty neat. Your biggest problem factor is that the 3'ds overlap, only so many people can get away with doing that correctly, in ur piece id say cut it down to a minium, u can overlap them but just dont overlap them to much. i also think it would look better without the black shadow, that kinda of distracts me, u want ur focal point to be the piece not that black blob of shadown on the bottom of ur piece.believe it or not pieces do have focal points too id like to believe, thats wat i base my logic on. u want people to look at your piece as a whole not as a seperate, u dotn want them to look at juss ur 3d and not ur letters, thats y u kinda gotta learn to know the color wheel and learn what colors go together fairly well that way people dont be all over the place with ur piece, and dont know what to look at. color coordination man, they dotn ahev to COMPLETELY be complimentry colors btu close enough to mach well. I would have also like to see some white inline work to expose ur letters more so they dont blend right in:).

Mizta:
    what happen?, did u get unmotivated or something? seems u did not finish ur piece man. you need to try to stick to more simple piece before u can move on. a tree grows from bottom to top not the other way around, so basically start at the bottom then when u feel more confident on ur work start to build up more.keep trying man u will get it eventually buddy ;)

Unlabeled:
    your colors are pretty nice, but u need to work more on ur letter structure, instead of making the letters different proportions, you should make the letters about the same sizes and widths to make a type of flow, instead of making your piece look like a maze, maybe u should try to not connect every letter possible. try to experiment with unconnected letters see how that works out for you keep it down to a simple for now :)

Some Guy From NCI:
    Strong point of your piece is your line-work you seem to know what ur doing with a pen. i think you coulda did without the "echo" and over extended parts on the "E" and "O", and on the "C" and you "L" of your CORAIL piece. also if you want to make that pink outlind thick why not make your letters thick along with it. if ur gunan do one thing u should do the other to maintaine the composition of your piece. i think you should have thrown some 3d of some sort on ur piece to, i woulda liked to see that added, and maybe reveal more of ur letters, mostly the "A" "I" & "L", just because you didnt hide them in your "COR" like i said, if ur going to stick with one style then stick with that and apply it to the rest of your piece, thats what makes all the difference. good work though :D

OVERALL
    everyone here does need to work on thier letters a lil bit more,but
    its really good to see everyone come through on the battles the dedication of these threads are almost so much that its inspiring..everyone seemed to put a decent amount of effort into thier pieces indvidual, but there can only be one winner people,
    i choose MAVERICK88, because he seemed to put more time into his piece and more colors overall more effort it seems, he coulda did better by not overlapping so many of his letterings, but the piece is fairly well, i hope everyone takes my advice in consideration and comes back stronger in the next battle. cheers, goodjob everyone.

7. Enemy

Enemy Elite Member

wow lust! lots of good advice! i went with j.a.b tho

8. LuStErOcKs

LuStErOcKs Moderator

i was leaning that way also, but Mave's caught my eye :p

9. *~ANZIO~*

*~ANZIO~* Elite Member

j.a.b's was the simplest, and had balance and style consistancy

10. underground_culture

underground_culture Elite Member

11. KONG

KONG Member

J.A.B. had a solid piece

12. Kry_20CC

Kry_20CC Senior Member

i went wit rend just cuz the purple lightning shit was unresistable

13. What Happened to the Letters?

What Happened to the Letters? Elite Member

jab...his will be the quickest to be improved upon, rends coloring was cool, but the letters frankly sucked...

14. aces

aces Elite Member

15. Unlabeled

Unlabeled Member

A good critique is a good enough reward for me... Thanks for the competition here. It looks like this battle is good and over for me. Thanks to those who voted for me though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.