Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Back To The Basics

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by grit, May 21, 2006.

Share This Page

1. grit

grit New Member

im brand new to the art of graffiti writing, but not to art and painting in general. I dont want to be some chump wacken out on walls and shit so i come to you guys.

ill start by asking what makes a solid tag?

what do you look for in a tag? - (good/bad)

low cost tip/can setups for blasting bold and clean work?

inspiration - dvd's, books, ect.

procedure - from start to finish

links to tutorials, websites, or ANYTHING of use is much appreciated.

i want to get my name out there, but i want to do it right.

-grit

2. willomite

willomite Member

go to heavycontact.com loars of info ther

3. eSBo

eSBo Senior Member

Well, seeing as alot of the members here will be pricks and call you a "toy" and to get the fuck out, I doubt this is the best place to ask, BUT, some are nice, good luck.

I'm new also, so I don't got much advice.

4. scoot

scoot Elite Member

if anything google it

5. -SPRING-

-SPRING- Member

the way to do graff is not to look at someone elses shit and copy it. you go out and do what comes to you....because if you have someone elses style its just pointless...as far as what to use such as markers paint ect. fuckin experiment thats how every other writer found out

6. eSBo

eSBo Senior Member

It's not against the law to look at a few pics to get some cool ideas, idiot.

7. scoot

scoot Elite Member

you copy someone one thats beatdowns for sure

8. KaL1

KaL1 Senior Member

unless u take some persons style and tweak it around a lil and work from there.

9. screw_loose

screw_loose Elite Member

10. eSBo

eSBo Senior Member

Impossible, your moms legs are always open for business.

11. smartSOFT

smartSOFT Senior Member

there are threads about this...on this page right now...i just read them. there are threads about everything you have just asked

and dude

all the shit you are asking for

takes years to develop. you have to start with basic letters first. then you develop. i dont know how artistic you are but dont jump ahead of yourself here man. there is so much to learn

start with basics like all these other threads say. do simple shit. then move on to the bigger, better, and more difficult aspects. im not trying to flame you. im just telling you that the questions you are asking are ridiculous.

if you want answers to alot of questions take some time out and search because making threads asking people is gonna get you flamed. and more then likely it has already been talked about. if you want a really good thread to look at and learn some shit or see people giving advice read the toy story thread....read from page 1 tho...the early posts from way back hold alot of information. kay and ges would help people all the time in it so go check it out.

SEARCH

12. anarchy

anarchy Elite Member

close. do you really expect to be spoonfed info on how to start writing? :rolleyes:

13. shalf

shalf Senior Member

about the solid tag draw ur chosen name in ur normal writing in capital or lower or a mixtur of the 2 then move the letters closer and work from their eventually u will find ways to make the lettes flow and luk beta and beta
    and add halos and arrows but not too much they always luk decent

hapy bombin
    peace

14. shalf

shalf Senior Member

but yeh like evry1 else sed it mostly practise and a fukloads of it

15. G-RAF

G-RAF Senior Member

no ou dont put halos unless you aready done heaven spots?(hard to reach places)

16. weaponer

weaponer Member

Impossible, your moms legs are always open for business. [/b][/quote]
    Haha :D:D Dude u totally owned that bitch !:D Still laughing fo that comment. Good job.

17. afek

afek Elite Member

it may take a long time devolop style just make your you stay with it

18. eSBo

eSBo Senior Member

Haha :D:D Dude u totally owned that bitch !:D Still laughing fo that comment. Good job. [/b][/quote]
    Bah, thanks :p.

19. AEONONE

AEONONE Member

heres some mistakes ive seen people make and I made when they/I was just starting out so you dont have to..

first, dont go buy expensive art supplies when you know you suck, they dont make you magically better, once youve developed some style they will make your already good lettering look better. If you absolutely must have an expensive black book and prismas just steal them. next, dont go making a myspace for your graff and shit. theres tons of toys in this town who do it just to display some shitty notebook paper drawing they did. this is just another way to get caught. dont make one of those unless you actually some decent stuff to display. this may seem like common sense, but only take what you know you will use when you go out. its funny to see kids go out with 20 cans in their pack and 15 markers and shit and they end up doing one un-filled throwie and a couple of tags. travel light, and I read somwhere on this forum about taking a scooter, which is a real cool idea because its so light.

as for developing style man, tags and shit man, just keep practicing until you get something you like. dont worry about people hating on your style. it all really does just start out with the basic letters and shit.

dont start beef when you still suck, catching beef with top writers in your area when you actually have legit reasons and youre good is one thing, but a huge toy thing to do is to just start beef for the hell of it and they suck.

for practice with paint find secluded walls or someplace where not many people will see it. then start progressing to places where other writers will start noticing you. tag anywhere and everywhere you can (within reason), as long as you have your style down. its a good way to start getting your name up with decent looking tags rather than shitty throwies.

I hope this helps dude, youll learn as you progress.
    *AEONONE?*

20. sane013

sane013 Senior Member

Wow AEONONE that's a really good advice dude.
    It was helpfull for me to.
    Thnx :D