Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chartpacks Vs. Prismas

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Demur1, Jul 12, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Demur1

Demur1 Member

i think chartpacks bleed a little more so i've been using prismas. i might rack some chartpacks if it's worthwhile. which do you prefer?

2. SLY

SLY Elite Member

3. RMA

RMA Elite Member

For really big fills I like Chartpacks. For everything else Prisma

4. OPRAH!

OPRAH! Senior Member

i have never used chartpaks, just prismas and they work well

5. dcite

dcite Elite Member

yeah, rma is right. its soo hard to do small little areas with chartpacks, but when you get used to the bleeding, the fills come out crazy. it looks like you used the little paint bucket on mspaint haha..

prismas also have the advantage of the 2 sides, but i never use the thin side anyway..

6. my-SaC-hurts

my-SaC-hurts Senior Member

prismas are the ebest.....

7. jurass finish first

jurass finish first Elite Member

i still just use sakuras :D

im gonna get some prismas next time i go racking though to see what all the hooplas about. do they have chartpacks at michaels?

8. Rect.One

Rect.One Senior Member

9. hansolohasnothingonthisbadbadboy

hansolohasnothingonthisbadbadboy Senior Member

10. Mensa

Mensa Senior Member

prismas, chartpaks smell up the house

11. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

so you live in the us?.... if you do, most micheals make you buy prisma's at the counter.... i havnt seen or heard of chartpacks there, or anywhere, but you can still rack paint markers... permapiuqes, and decos/ paintys there... and the prisma pencils too.. (the seperate ones, the packs you all have to buy at the desk..)

hope this helps.... :ph34r:

do they sell sekuras at micheals... or roberts.... never heard of em' got a pic?

12. quacky the ducky

quacky the ducky Senior Member

13. JeCoursLoin

JeCoursLoin Member

Sakuras are permapaques. and i love em. Prismas arent dark enough for me or something, but the colors are nice.

14. RMA

RMA Elite Member

Anything you'd want to steel at my michaels is all sitting neatly in the very back of the store where no one could see you unless they where in the same asile. It's a shame I don't rack.

15. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

that is a shame.... and that just made me horny, i need to go to micheals...........

16. oblong

oblong Elite Member

only used prismas

17. Demur1

Demur1 Member

i thought i'd get the shit hacked out of me for making a thread like this for some reason. i didn't know chartpaks smelled rank but that's good info

18. DjTerrestrialConcept

DjTerrestrialConcept Elite Member

19. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

hey man, i just got my prisma's a while back, they are pretty tight, they bleed like fucking mad though, and they like spread everywhere, once it makes contact it flows, kinda leaks.... and i thought they would be kinda like paint markers.... so you can overlap, but it pulls a cryola style, and just makes it darker when overlapped..... they are smooth, but hard to control..... and they fuckin bleed!!!..... they are kind of weird....

20. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

^^has that happened to anyone else... anybad experiences... i mean like i was droppin a paper bomb, and i filled it with blue, and i wanted to add some shinny things you know... so i got my creamy white prisma to go over the blue, wont even go over it... barely leaves a mark.... its like cryola shit... i mean whats really really good about prisma's? can someone tell me why i should keep buying more??....please fill me in