Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Paint Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by DA'SeLMeR'', Jul 13, 2004.

Share This Page

1. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

:( man i have a lot of problems..........but besides that this thread will prob. be closing soon, so post your favorite, and custom paint markers..... this is for like moded deco's painters, painty's, paints, paint sticks.... you name it, first of all, i have to say i have a bunch, i will have a picture sooon, but they are all fucked up, is this normal, that my painty's and decos, when their brand new, i barely push down on the nib, and it fuckin explodes, like spills paint everywhere..... and most of them on canvas, on spray paint, wont even write, and i try to press down, and my nib gets stuck then comes all teh way out!!!!!!!!!!!.... does this happen to you... what is going on!!!?....any advice....?

2. JeCoursLoin

JeCoursLoin Member

hmm. that never happened to me. I always have to pump mine alot to get the paint to even come into the nib. If you're in a hot area it might just be a bunch of built of air pressure, so you could stic in in the fridge for a while or something. I've never had a problem so I'm just guessing

3. glue

glue Elite Member

i had a few montatas and a few uni ball paint markers. but montanas get scratched easily and unis fade.

4. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

thanks for the fridge idea, i will try it, its just i mean, some decos, and paintys, like the other day, right after i racked some, i was right next to this dumpster, and i pulled out my deco, and i needed to get some paint in the nib, so i just barely pushed down, for the nib to go up into the pen, and it leaked everywhere...... like half the paint came out!..... sheesh! it sucks..... i didnt shake it though, would that have mattered... and all my paint markers like suck, when im on a canvas that has spray paint as a backround, they wont really come out, it comes out all crapy..... and shit.... then when i barely push, it fuckin poures out.... what do i need to do...?.............im gonna cry!......*sniff*

5. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

glue, thatnks for the info i will watch out thore those *wink*

6. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

simple dont use paint markers i prefer too use oil pastels that come in much better and cooler colours and depending on the type of pastel is much harder to buff than paint markers i rubbed off a tag with a paint marker with just a bit of water and my hand! they suck!

7. oblong

oblong Elite Member

well for one thing you must pump thenid way tio much
    shake for 2 mins
    then do alotfo small pumps

8. CaSoNe

CaSoNe Elite Member

im thinkin bout goin down to homedepot someday soon and buyin some oil based rusto bucket paint...i want something really bright that stands out like lime green...or bright orange...or pink...

9. jurass finish first

jurass finish first Elite Member

10. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

^^ thanks for the info, i never really shook them for a long time, i will give that a go, and stick em' in my fridge, see if these tips will work, man they really piss me off, they dont last very long at all, like today when i was doing some canvas work, i pumped and pumped it, shook it, for like 15 minutes and barely anything came out, and i pressed it againts the painted canves, the nib stuck to it, and came right out of the marker!!!!!! it fuckin pisses me off..... i dont get how people like DORK, and THIS paint thes awesome canvases with decos?????????!!!!

11. oblong

oblong Elite Member

i only uses decos for canvas. you have to shaek them alot so the xylene actually mixes with the paint and doesnt seperate in the nib it isnt hard
    to figure this out

12. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

thank you Dr. Oblong, lol man, paint pens suck my nuts.......hmmm.....

13. JeCoursLoin

JeCoursLoin Member

Yea I use decos on canvas all the time, and I only shake for like 30 seconds. Maybe I'm lucky and you're really unlucky or something. Oil rusto paint makes great refills for decos and painters. The silver doesn't need to be thinned, but I haven't used anything else much.

14. AnicsOneLBK

AnicsOneLBK Senior Member

How Do you refil decos?

15. JeCoursLoin

JeCoursLoin Member

tear that gold label off and twist... take the pump out, fill, replace pump. the end.

16. JeCoursLoin

JeCoursLoin Member

tear that gold label off and twist... take the pump out, fill, replace pump. the end.

17. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

gold label??......hmmm maybe i have wanna bee fuckin shitty yellow belly, .....umm just shitty decos.... i dont see a yellow label?!!

18. -> DUMB ONE <-

-> DUMB ONE <- Elite Member

paint markers are WAY to fucking expensive and im to pussy to rack.

19. JeCoursLoin

JeCoursLoin Member

hmm. all my decos have gold labels around the front part. maybe some dont, in that case, you can skip that step haha. dumb one, paint markers are the easiest things to rack, but i dont support it. In my michaels, theyre all the way in the back and its always empty in that place except for a few cashiers and one cleanup guy.

20. DA'SeLMeR''

DA'SeLMeR'' Elite Member

^^ exacta mundo, what state you live in?