Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Music Production And Turntablism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ekto907, Jul 14, 2006.

Share This Page

1. ekto907

ekto907 Member

i was looking on here for a music producing thread but didnt find one so uh ill start this off. i am curenntly using acid pro 5 to make hip hop beats and i just bought a roland sp-404 portable sampling machine and im still learning how to use it. i got one of those 1gb jamedia compact flash cards to store more music on but i cant figure out how to get the patterns i created onto my computer from my sp404 so i can finalize my beats in acid. any help would be greatly appreciated. also post what kinda music you make with your turntables and stuffff. or even if you just play an instrument in a band.

2. Da Woof

Da Woof Senior Member

im Working at Tractor 5 , absynth 3 a mc-505 2 US TTX numark turntables.

i produce Drum n bass.. and psycho.. when needed i Produce hip hop Beat for some ppl really good at Freestyling.

3. leftside

leftside Member

I want to get the Numark battle pack 2nd hand just to learn the basics on, then resell it 2nd hand or give it to a friend then grab some Technics and a good mixer if I really start to get into it. This is the conclusion I personally came to after researching into the topic.

4. Da Woof

Da Woof Senior Member

Battle pack sucks.. seriously sucks

u need to buy 2 real ones.. or get 2 differents and a nice mixer cuz that battle pack is just no good..

no sense in spending money on something inferior. buy the real shit now and learn with that,

5. RMA

RMA Elite Member

I'm pretty much like you, I'm running Acid 4 with a Roland SP 404 along with a Roland VK 09 Organ and a Panasonic Keyboard.

I just run a chord from the Line Out on my SP 404 into the Line In on my computer then just record everything straight into Acid, if I want seperate tracks I que up the sequence with the parts I don't want muted.

I'm pretty sure theres no way to take a pattern from the SP 404 and move it to your computer using a memory card because esentialy the information from when you record a pattern is just the sequence of when you pushed the pad and not the pad it self.

www.myspace.com/rma

6. Pesky_Human

Pesky_Human Senior Member

I'm pretty much like you, I'm running Acid 4 with a Roland SP 404 along with a Roland VK 09 Organ and a Panasonic Keyboard.

I just run a chord from the Line Out on my SP 404 into the Line In on my computer then just record everything straight into Acid, if I want seperate tracks I que up the sequence with the parts I don't want muted.

I'm pretty sure theres no way to take a pattern from the SP 404 and move it to your computer using a memory card because esentialy the information from when you record a pattern is just the sequence of when you pushed the pad and not the pad it self.

www.myspace.com/rma[/b][/quote]
    This advice is on point. Depending on whether or not you need to split the tracks, you should use the method he is talking about.

On another note, you are going to go through a level of compression by putting your shit into Acid. All of that versatility in Acid - time stretch, pitch, etc. comes at the price of sound quality. If you anticipate sending your shit to A&R guys, and blowing up at that, I would recommend something that preserves the sound quality better. Battery is excellent for this type of thing. An outboard sampler and Steinberg Re-Cycle sounds like a better option for what you are doing from your brief description.

Of course if you are only doing this for fun, then do what you want. Acid is a sick program, and Reason and Live too. They just all compress too much for what I am interested in - really heavy bass sounds.

Would love to hear some music from the people on this board. Where is the BS audio battle???????

©

Pesky Humans

7. Da Woof

Da Woof Senior Member

This advice is on point. Depending on whether or not you need to split the tracks, you should use the method he is talking about.

On another note, you are going to go through a level of compression by putting your shit into Acid. All of that versatility in Acid - time stretch, pitch, etc. comes at the price of sound quality. If you anticipate sending your shit to A&R guys, and blowing up at that, I would recommend something that preserves the sound quality better. Battery is excellent for this type of thing. An outboard sampler and Steinberg Re-Cycle sounds like a better option for what you are doing from your brief description.

Of course if you are only doing this for fun, then do what you want. Acid is a sick program, and Reason and Live too. They just all compress too much for what I am interested in - really heavy bass sounds.

Would love to hear some music from the people on this board. Where is the BS audio battle???????

©

Pesky Humans [/b][/quote]
    that is not a bad idea.. O_O :huh:

8. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

BATTLE ME IN PRODUCTION SOMEONE PLEASE!!!.... its been about a year sence ive done beatss for a battle, Unless it was live against some of my friend on who can get harder

as for what i work with

I used Acid Pro 6.0 for Leveling and Mastering

i got a triton studio pro 79 key with built in samples and memory expansion, Numark Cdx's, Kaoss Pad KP2, Dr Sampler, Stanton Pro Scatch Mixer (discontinued limited Dj Craze Series), RT 323, NuMark Dxm 06 Mixer for my more electronic shits, Digiteck Pedals for everying, Pedals for my Keyboard, Librays of accapellas an vocal samples for my 3 samplers (keyboard,DS SP 202, and the one on the Cdx), along with a key kid toys for cheazy sounds, bakc home is my fenders with all my effects pedals but i didnt have room to move them out here nor do i play that much anymore.... but thats what i have for my production... check the hiphop thread for my stuff

or www.myspace.com/thesisthelasttime
    www.myspace.com/ourghoststories

i dabble into hop hop exerimtanl hiphop, glitch work (try), Drum and Bass BOH, Exerimenal, and most Triphop....

9. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

©

Pesky Humans [/b][/quote]
    Best to to record track isnt jsut plugging it in, you loose WAY too much sound quality over that shit best thing to due is buy a good sound cared (ive ALWAYS worked with Audiophilles) and they come with Midi imputs and Rca's along with Quater and 8th inchs along with Mic imputs.....

nice to see you know what your talkin about

Music is my life has been and always will be, shits no fucking hobby here...

10. DOK!

DOK! Senior Member

im workin some stanton shit now, and with beats im usin fl studio, and a shitty casio midi controller. im sample based though. check my stuff out

www.myspace.com/djmurdok

songs arent updated much though.

11. Kao.Ali

Kao.Ali Senior Member

hmm i got a pair of stanton t.80s
    and a vestax pmc 003
    just scratchin and doin tricks but ive have a few gigs with a friend

im startin to produce, i got a real old yamaha rx-21, a four track, and a roland 404 like everone else on this thread
    i hate my old drum machine, ima get a new one, or maybe a synth or somthing
    or ill just wait and save for an mpc

12. ion-i

ion-i Elite Member

yo gesus, i dont think ive ever heard any of your dnb stuff. you got any thing i could hear? i love the beats you make now, but it would be ill to hear some of your dnb stuff too. ;)
    if not, its all good homie. "insomnia" is my fav song off your EP :D

13. Da Woof

Da Woof Senior Member

BATTLE ME IN PRODUCTION SOMEONE PLEASE!!!.... its been about a year sence ive done beatss for a battle, Unless it was live against some of my friend on who can get harder

as for what i work with

I used Acid Pro 6.0 for Leveling and Mastering

i got a triton studio pro 79 key with built in samples and memory expansion, Numark Cdx's, Kaoss Pad KP2, Dr Sampler, Stanton Pro Scatch Mixer (discontinued limited Dj Craze Series), RT 323, NuMark Dxm 06 Mixer for my more electronic shits, Digiteck Pedals for everying, Pedals for my Keyboard, Librays of accapellas an vocal samples for my 3 samplers (keyboard,DS SP 202, and the one on the Cdx), along with a key kid toys for cheazy sounds, bakc home is my fenders with all my effects pedals but i didnt have room to move them out here nor do i play that much anymore.... but thats what i have for my production... check the hiphop thread for my stuff

or www.myspace.com/thesisthelasttime
    www.myspace.com/ourghoststories

i dabble into hop hop exerimtanl hiphop, glitch work (try), Drum and Bass BOH, Exerimenal, and most Triphop.... [/b][/quote]
    LOVE tha Kaoss pad.. 2

those fuking japs make good gear.

Drumm n bass u ever heard of Hospital Records?

http://www.myspace.com/psychotikshark
    never got to put some real music there.. just that crap song..

14. Enemy

Enemy Elite Member

i produce mashup ragga jungle! iv only got reason 3. iv got a tune me and my mate worked on called increasing intencity heres my mates myspace www.myspace.com/voidproductions
    BIG UP VOID

15. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

obviously you never heard my last album....

so here ya go heres one of my remixes for all you junglist out there BOH BOH BO-LOW AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

[Broken External Image]:http://myspace-238.vo.llnwd.net/00706/83/27/706497238_l.jpg
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...06D120A052C98EB
    Gesus's Ghost - Dont Catch a Case (Jungle Remix)

thanks for the props on insomnia, just one of my newer beats its too simple man u know im all about the electronics... New album out in about 2 months, Ghost Stories Project out in about 4 months..... then on tour we go!!!!!!

<!--QuoteBegin-GeSuS_KRiST
    @Jul 16 2006, 07:49 AM
    iight yall, i been on a blessing bombing sceince in my fav threrads so i decided to drop a EP of my beats in here.... there nothing too fancey cas im not giving you my food money, but there are a few tracks on here unheard from everyone in the world.... Yes, even the music god himself my main nigga Fannypack hasnt heard all of these tracks....

Tracklisting go as so
    01 - Intro
    02 - Dj Vast Remix (Remix of a producers beats from back home)
    03 - Mind Implants (Produced for Bay Area emcee Variex)
    04 - Nothings There (Variex Instromental)
    05 - Insomnia (GhostStories Project Instromental)
    06 - Sleeping Pills (GhostStories Project Instomental)
    07 - The Separation of Birth and Place (GhostStories Project Sample)
    08 - Im Not Myself (made to get shit off my chest)

The Ghost Storie Album "Whispers in Grey Matter" is halfway done so far there 5 tracks so that shit will be on Itunes when its done and paypal if anyone wants it (when its finished)

Ghost Stories is a side project ive been working on now for a few months with Mr. Long Story (an emcee from New York)

Also my full albums close to done id say it will be finished in about 2 months of tracks that i feel ride out though a whole 80min's so ill keep u posted but here the only sample youll get other then my myspace's

[Broken External Image]:http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1260/placecalledhomerg2.jpg
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...72A0FF9690C9342
    Gesus's Ghost - A Place Called Home EP

Gesus's Ghost - www.myspace.com/thesisthelasttime
    Ghost Stories - www.myspace.com/ourghoststories
    [/quote]

16. Enemy

Enemy Elite Member

dont catch a case is a fucking sick tune! dark and really punchy just the way i like it! props

17. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

s'ank ya s'ank ya... now if i can only go to sleep

18. OveRDoSeD

OveRDoSeD Elite Member

Gesus you member when I called you gmuny4life?? lol my bad off topic but I was just thinkin about that lol...

19. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

yea i get it alot though....its funny that people thinkim actually that kid cas i took his shit as a joke

20. OveRDoSeD

OveRDoSeD Elite Member

Yeah I know, I felt so fucking stupid after tryin to diss you for writin that shit and then you showed me who you really were... lol wow... haha good times I guess...