Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Separates The Toys From The Veterans

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by SFC, Sep 4, 2006.

Share This Page

1. SFC

SFC Member

would like to know

2. zeepaintor

zeepaintor Member

a veteran is like a legend and a toy is a noob. i hope u realise what your asking and why no one has bothered to respond to your thread.

toy = 15 , 16 year old brand new person who scrawls there wack ass ugly tagg on my crews shit and thinks we arent going to find them.
    vet = someone whos been in the game X ammount of time and has been a proven writer and someone who will excell in an area of graff.
    be it mural based work shows and events or magazine production etc etc...

a toy has no understanding of what he's doing and doesnt really paint for the love of the game.

in my opinion the diffrence between a toy and vet is that a vet sees a future in graff where as a toy doesnt even know why he's tagging in the first place HAHAHAHA...
    now that you know this CLOSE.

3. Lemon

Lemon Senior Member

Veterans are good, toys aren't.

4. nerdx

nerdx Elite Member

toys are people that are part of the "Still Free Crew" stright out the video game.
    legends are people that have put time into it and have rediculous amount of ups and
    usually a very distincive style.

5. TesT_NV

TesT_NV Member

lol jokes wit the SFC screen name and the relivance wit the topic

6. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

Toys=Repping SFC mark eckos crew.AW3S0M3.
    Toys are new into graff.Have no understanding why we do it.Why its even around and have been around for decades.Toys have bad handstyles,judgements,lack of understanding.Though there is still potential in them.
    Why?Because they will be keeping the generation alive.
    How?By practicing everyday.On blackbooks,yards,etc.
    Who?The older guys.Bigger people.King shit in the city.Veterans.
    But there just fucking toys.They cant do shit.No,got it wrong.How can you be putting them down over and over again.They just need CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.YOU and I were toys.Maybe still are.Who knows.Sure the older guys are assholes,but if you have the heart to keep going,then go for it.You cant come into the forums thinking your king shit.No.Theres always someone better than you.No one is the BEST.This is just a subculture.That everyone has their own point of views.

Veterans=Person that has been in the game for a while.Sees or has experienced for themselves the UPS and DOWNS of the subculture.Has learned different techniques and used those to grow to be the person/writer/piecer/bomber who they are now.Veterans are not the best.There is no best.Veterans know multiple people,and has gained there respect.They are people you can look up to and one day wanting to be as big,famous,as good as they are.Take for example SABER AWR MSK.He was a toy at first.But look at him now.His LA river piece is the largest in the world.He has crazy pieces.
    How did he get that good?Practice.Years of it.Has motivated him to keep on going.Loves and respects the game.Gained a lot of peoples respect,yet he has his non-fans(like JAONE).
    Veterans are good,but are always improving there style.

Yet again,these are my point of views coming from me.Everyony has there own.I am young myself.I consider myself not a toy nor veteran.Im just another guy trying to get his shit done and up.
    $0.02

7. T_R_O_N

T_R_O_N Senior Member

simply put a toy is anyone starting off in graff, no one is the fucking neo of Graffiti, everyone starts somewhere, whether it be from grass roots or someone teaching you along the way. A veteran is someone who really has IMO made somewhat of a name for themself, knows the game, knows their history (it sickens me that some writers in dc dont know who the fuck cool disco dan is, but i digress),and also respects their elders(Graff-wise) (another problem with me, i may be a toy but when i see some toy ass shit over someone thats a vet, it once again sickens me).

8. FLA BOMBA

FLA BOMBA Banned

Toy: Somebody that does graff just they can feel, and look tough to there friends. Kids that go to the yard and paint every singel car, possibly going over established or vetran writers, and every single weight,and serial number on the car. All in weak stupid block letter handstyles. They mainly start beef out of jealousy and anomosity. Have sections of forums dedicated to there topics.

Vetran: Has been in the game for 8 years plus. Knows about every trick in the book when it comes to doing effects in pieces. Has painted hunderds or even thousands of freights or walls.

9. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

toys will be kids that first start off, get a magnum and put up their crappy tag, they have horrible letter structure, but yet they go and paint over other peoples work that have rep....a kid who isnt loyal to graffiti, and is more known for gangbanging then writing

a vet is not necisarily someone who has been doing it for ever..but someone who has a good understanding for graffiti, letter structure etc.

a vet will not often go to random spots where other work is, because they know it will be crossed out by toys

10. KaL1

KaL1 Senior Member

11. SFC

SFC Member

fuck u my name is the only thing i can think my real name is taken bitch

12. -kosr-

-kosr- Senior Member

Thats great to hear Mark, now can we get a close?

13. snail

snail Member

The reason people don't 'go easy' on toys is to weed out the bullshit.

If people encouraged every little shitty kid that wanted to get into graff, there'd be nothing left of graffiti. The kids that can't take the punishment of getting their stuff shat on by other people are too weak to be doing graff at all. It's just part of the process.

"if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch."

by the way: just because your art sucks, doesnt mean you're a toy. it just means you suck. toy is a state of mind. Although, 99.9% of people who have shitty art are toys.

In the same idea, just because your art is good, doesnt mean you're NOT a toy.

14. coke831

coke831 Senior Member

fuck u my name is the only thing i can think my real name is taken bitch [/b][/quote]
    look it doesnt matter if youre name was taken youre still a dumbass for thinking it would be cool to make youre name sfc

15. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

There are 2 kinds of toys, the ones that are just in it for the ego boost and wanna look good for their friends. Then theres the ones that are starting out and are actually trying to learn, improve thier skills and gain the respect of fellow writers.
    I was like that only a few years ago and by the standards of most writers i would probably fall only a little above a toy.
    Vets are guys who've been writing for a while and have learned all they can about graff and payed their dues. A good writer will encourage guys who are starting out and will help them out, after all who's gonna take over after we get to old to bomb anymore? Im almost 17 and I started about 4-5 years ago and although i wish life could keep going on like this it can't. Sure i won't stop writing entirely but after this the daily shit adults need to deal w/ is gonna keep me from going out as often as id like, so bottom line is we need toys to keep trying and eventually they'll be at our level.
    Graff isn't about hating toys or beefing w/ fellow writers. Its just about putting you're art up and just uniting as writers.

16. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

look it doesnt matter if youre name was taken youre still a dumbass for thinking it would be cool to make youre name sfc [/b][/quote]
    wow, what a fucking looser! who wrrites sfc, noone i know, just little bitches like sfc here

quit writing sfc..if i saw your work id cross that shit out and go right over it

17. MicoDOK

MicoDOK Senior Member

As a toy you just made your first mistake. And as toy a toy that's your job. Toys are the dudes who haven't gotten an understanding for their tools, or developed a style YET. There are more than one level of toyhood. There's the "first wallers" who put up the ugly shit that people cant stand. Then there's the "comin uppers". That's when your style tends to try to come out, but you're not good enought with your tools, and cant put what's in your head out there YET. A vet is someone who knows their tools, their styles, and the scene. They go over toys, that's how it works. There's always a progression, and in some cases there's a change of name. In your case that's probably a good idea. If you're really trying to get into this life you gotta respect it. Using a video game name is about as bad as you can get. A slap in the face of graffiti ARTISTS if you will. So draw, paint in your backyard, and learn. CHANGE YOUR NAME though man... You'll get gone over if you're writing that even if you don't suck, which i'm assuming you probably7 do at this point. Stick with it, learn, and observe.. -Me

18. The Prophet

The Prophet New Member

hell yeah snail. true that, i know alot of people that just suck, but they got heart for what they throw up. they dont just do it to brag about it those are the real toys no matter how good they are if u ask me. ;)

19. SFC

SFC Member

wow, what a fucking looser! who wrrites sfc, noone i know, just little bitches like sfc here

quit writing sfc..if i saw your work id cross that shit out and go right over it [/b][/quote]

i fuckin said thats not my name and this is for OPINIONS
    yall need to talk to the dude whos name is trane
    and quit thinking yall are tough shit just cus yall are ranked higher
    i dont spend my whole time on the computer like yall punks
    im out writing

20. DISP DA<

DISP DA< Member

than lets see your shit,If it says SFC im gonna laugh my ass off.