Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Weekly Sketch Battle - KURSE

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by BORG, Dec 7, 2013.

Share This Page

?

1. StyleGeek7

26.5%
  2. zoup

8.8%
  3. Dreams_31:6

35.3%
  4. KERED

8.8%
  5. Mildstyles

20.6%
  1. BORG

BORG Moderator

ai44.tinypic.com_mt03kp.jpg
    StyleGeek7

ai39.tinypic.com_4rt1m1.jpg
    zoup

ai39.tinypic.com_23hx4ds.jpg
    Dreams_31:6

ai39.tinypic.com_9a6z6d.jpg
    KERED

ai43.tinypic.com_6ggdhu.jpg
    Mildstyles

2. Friz_One

Friz_One Senior Member

In My opinion Stylegeek's sketch is best

3. zoup

zoup Elite Member

I like his colors but his width is buggin me.

4. StyleGeek7

StyleGeek7 Guest

you're still learning the basics, thats why.

5. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

^naw. that piece is pretty ugly, imo. not hating. the letters don't work. the bar widths are all over the place. none of the extensions work at all. it looks pretty random.
    the handstyle is good. but the only thing that's looking good is the color in the 3d. if you concentrated on bars for a bit i'm sure you could bang out something real nice.

6. StyleGeek7

StyleGeek7 Guest

^ my concepts are well established, and my flow is superior. Everything works in my piece. Beauty is not a criteria for anything. As to my extensions, they give speed to the piece, something most slowpokes cant keep up with. Lets not even mention it takes a week to collect 4 other entries, and none of them apart from Dreams passes the average mark. When i saw toy pieces get votes, I knew what this forum was about. Let's see what you can do. Do me a little Kurse sketch. You think its cool to talk and not have anything to back yourself up ?

7. KERED

KERED Member

Looking for constructive criticism on my entry. all is welcome

8. StyleGeek7

StyleGeek7 Guest

Ok mildstyles. I'm just a soldier battling, doing my part. And i never said i was the best, but i do think i got the best flow on this one, which is just my point of view.
    Kered, my constructive criticism is I recommend doing highlights with a small tip pen. That will make it sharper and will force you to work on refinement. Then, you have the ideas, its just the execution lacks sharpness. You know when to go skinny and when to fatten up, Its just the joints (where it changes from skinny to fat) lack strength. Thats what i would say for a start...I would also say you're jumping ahead of yourself by doing this style. But once you get the sharpness down and use a finer pen since you got the ideas, its just a question of time before it all clicks into place.

9. StyleGeek7

StyleGeek7 Guest

10. Darkeist

Darkeist Elite Member

I went with dreams.

and yes to the post above.

11. zoup

zoup Elite Member

Stylegeek, you just went full Kanye West, don't ever go full Kanye West. All jokes aside, your piece is alright, I think a superior piece, inspires others to start graffiti like the pic below, that shit is superior and fucking inspiring.

ai44.tinypic.com_20gk3yq.jpg

12. hungover

hungover Elite Member

Arose kills every piece, I would take his advice instead of ignoring it like some sort of toy. Your colors are good, but your lettering needs work

13. PlanetVegeta

PlanetVegeta Senior Member

14. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Kered GMV; crits as you asked for would be to sharpen it up as per stylegeek's advice and maybe draw it bigger? will give you more room for 'doo dads'. Nice work by dreams too.
    And Stylegeek, i like what your doing, but i think its just a bit too wild and not all fighting for the same team. eg in the second piece you posted, most of y letters flow is going top right and your R and E are dancing to a different song going bottom right. the letters are fine by themselves per say, but the piece doesnt flow like dreams of Kered's does. Nice colours too.

15. KERED

KERED Member

Thanks to every body that replied!!! i really appreciate it

16. gemer

gemer Senior Member

not diggen any of em honestly style geeek gmv tho just cuz he put in time

17. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

I'd say the k in mild styles piece is better than any other letter in any other total piece up there so he gmv

18. Grabs

Grabs Senior Member

Dreams gmv, the flow of his extensions are on point.

19. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

Lol man Riding on that kind of high horse will get you no where dude. when your head is that high in the sky the only direction to go is down. but i'm not going to try and say your piece is not the best one out there all i got to say is Eggo check yourself son

20. hungover

hungover Elite Member