Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Graffiti Leading To Violence?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aces, Nov 15, 2006.

Share This Page

1. aces

aces Elite Member

Well I just went to court today and the prosecuting officer said that they did some tests and found that graffiti often led to violence. I now know the opinion of the police but I was wondering what people that write actually think about it?

2. explosivo_420

explosivo_420 Elite Member

no. i know some hardcore writers who will hit you with a can, stomp you down and spit on you.

on the other hand mad cats wont do anything violent and are chill. most of them are toys, then again some are just chill by nature..

cezr as one against the violence..spects to you for that i read about it from the start of the memorial to the end.

3. Zealot

Zealot Elite Member

I'm really curious as to how they conducted their testing.. and how is graffiti leading to violence relevant to your case?

4. vegimite on wholemeal

vegimite on wholemeal Senior Member

5. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

sadly i believe thats true

6. maLLe

maLLe Senior Member

whats wrong with violence

7. teef

teef Senior Member

I'm sure it can lead to violence, but so can stepping on somebody's pumas or cutting them in line at mcdonalds.

Call me soft, but I'm not going to get in a fight over a bit of paint. Thats just stupid.

8. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

ummm it can lead to beef which can lead to violence.... but this thread pretty pointless i think

9. Mr.Sars

Mr.Sars Senior Member

I guess it could, Numerous times i've been out painting and you hear someone saying shit like
    "i dont give a fuck if some security guard comes out, i'll beat the shit out of him."

Whereas that's unnecessary, you could just run away and not act like wee wide dick.

10. AbEc187

AbEc187 Senior Member

graff is just full of dicks every1 wants 2 be hard n go over everyones shit n then expect not to get stomped

11. >>Joker<<

>>Joker<< Member

wow so if graffiti can lead to violence. there are plenty of other things that people can do to start violence. sounds like the prosecutor has a bad case

12. peng.2

peng.2 Senior Member

if they did test, they probley did them wit x-writers or old ass people who dont
    know shit bout graff......graffiti isnt violent....but stupid haters who CAP out peoples work can start vioilence

13. NesEpic

NesEpic Member

Graff aint leadin to violence. It's art on a wall.. how is it violent? If people cross it out.. sure theyd be pissed but they wouldnt kill the person who did it.. i wouldnt..

14. Flash_One

Flash_One Elite Member

there are always assholes and haters but most of the time there isint much violence, its just art really

15. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

i straight kill niggas who go over my tags

16. yakrian

yakrian Senior Member

Gesus said it best...it leads to beef which leads to getting curb-stomped...I mean, er...anger, yeah...that's it. :D

17. JETc17

JETc17 Elite Member

violence may be a part of graffiti, but it entirely depends on the choices you make

18. ILL

ILL Elite Member

basically anything competitive can lead to violence, not just graffiti

19. MFGrimm

MFGrimm Senior Member

well shit man of course graff leads to violence, i guess its the way in which the lifestyle/culture is perceived you know. theres always going to be some kids out there who think the only way to get to the top is to try and be the most hardcore, starting beef they can't handle which then escalates into violence. all in all graffiti can be just as violent as anythign but, but its the posers out there that make things tough for a lot of poeple.
    i dont think im a hardcore or anythign but i still carry a chain and a blade, but shit man thats for self defense, im not going to rely on a fucking can of spray paint at 3am.

its not the graffiti aspect itself thats violent, its the people who perceive it as beign violent, so to try and fit in, they try to act the way they think they should.

big fucking rant dont kno if that made sense,
    good topic.

20. SoDamnFresh

SoDamnFresh Senior Member

my expeirience is this... when it comes to toys disrespecting your shit, you gotta give them a slap. its the only language they understand! I'm not talking about ALL TOYS... i'm talking about the ones who think they can get fame from going over something good.
    It doesnt always work... but it feels hella good! heheheh

When it comes to graff, you cant go to the police when someone 'breaks the law'... so, you gotta take matters into your own hands. thats just the way it is.