Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

3-d Like Daim

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by the infamous one, Jul 28, 2004.

Share This Page

1. the infamous one

the infamous one Elite Member

hey, i wanna try a couple of sketches like how daim does them, any tips would be greatly appriciated, and if you think this topic is gay then close it i dont really care.

2. jurass finish first

jurass finish first Elite Member

i tried sketching like daim and i always fuck them up. for the fill use 2 different shades of the same color though, and the darker one you use where theres a shadow over it

3. the infamous one

thanks alot man, so is it like it doesnt have an outline?????? just two colours together

4. RMA

RMA Elite Member

Just completly bite some stuff Daim did, don't even try to cover it up just do it exactly like Daim. Then after a couple of those you should have no problem doing your own thing using Daims style.

5. drop

drop Senior Member

be ORIGINAL

6. the infamous one

drop, nothing's original these days

7. Clevaness

Clevaness Senior Member

I've developed my own 3-d style. It took alot of practice sketching and painting, but I've almost perfected it. Here's some hints (all though I should tell you to learn yourself). Look at a square box and try to notice the shading of each side that is exposed to you. As you can see, there are light areas and dark ones. You can use the box as an example for any 3d style.. Use light colours, like sky blue for light areas, and then use a darker colour, like navy blue, for the really dark areas. Most likely, you'll eventually be fading with like 5 shades of montana. However, you have to follow the outline. It's key to making it appear 3-d. This is the strategy that writers like Daim, Wind, Ware, Seak (probably not), and Totem use. Finally, once you;ve finished the inner colours, take a can of flat white and highlight the parts where all the lines of a box meat. These will be the reflections of light. Honestly, if you ever want to get good at 3-d, it's all practice. There's also the tube style, but I'm tired of giving away secrets.

8. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

Heres something you can completley copy and claim as your work / style........ Wow dosent that sound like fun........... <_< stop copying, atleast TRY to do your own 3D style, do you think Daim got his style over night? uahh NO!!..... so if you want to be like him just fucking practice.......

but if you want the suckers way out (easy) just copy this

[Broken External Image]:http://img2.imgspot.com/u/04/209/20/metamorphose.gif

9. Ravek

Ravek Elite Member

thats trippy

10. Drefus

Drefus Senior Member

take an actual drawing and or painting class. its better to learn graffiti from art rather than art from graffiti... you know what i mean?

11. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

that is so true..... most good graffiti writers are also really good at art. and they are great in graffiti because they have a basic knowledge of art and know how all the art elements correspond with eachother... most of the people in here have absolutely NO fucking art skills......thats why they are never going to get no where in graffiti.....and thats the truth.......

12. AXIS

AXIS Senior Member

I believe that i have always been a fairly decent artist, and i agree with kayone, most good writers are good at drawing as well.
    As for the 3D style, start off with drawing simple shapes, say a cube or a triangle. In order to make an object look three dimensional you need some knowledge of the fundamentals of 3D(vanishing points, etc.) and good shading, its basically all in the shading. Once you have perfected simple shapes, add stuff onto them and eventually start bending things, and throwing in your own style.
    I think there are two main types of 3D style, with everything else in between. First off, there is Daim, with sharp corners and crisp lines and shadows. Then there is work like peeta's which is more rounded and fluent, with smoother shadows. All you need to do is keep experimenting, it takes a lot of time to create something that looks good, you just need the patience. good luck.

13. Tony

Tony Elite Member

14. AXIS

AXIS Senior Member

thats fcuking crazy.

15. panic

panic Elite Member

ill bet you could come up with something original if you spent years practicing and playing with ideas, and had tons of dedication and drive to be original, instead of just asking someone else to teach you. teachers are fine and dandy for school and stuff, but common man..

16. Lazer

Lazer Elite Member

that bee's crazy ill

17. jurass finish first

jurass finish first Elite Member

18. Tony

Tony Elite Member

it says daim.

19. RMA

RMA Elite Member

20. meno

meno Senior Member