Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Global Warming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guerrilla876, Nov 30, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Guerrilla876

Guerrilla876 Senior Member

Post your thoughts on global warming. are we truely fuck'd by this "greenhouse effect." and post your reasons why and how it all got started. In my city/state/whatever it was oddly warm for a week, and just yesterday it went from 70 degrees to below freezing. and it's snowing like crazy. & alot of typhoons are happening in the southern region. [phillipines.]

2. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

it was warm and nice 3 days in a row

i finally get a day off tomorrow, its a high of like 30 something.

total bullshit, i wasnt prepared for this!
    but in reply to the topic on hand, shit, global warming is no problem for me, i really dont care, its just earth doin its thing, i think alot of its bullshit but definitely not all of it. earth is like anything else, its a big cycle, it gets warm it gets cold, a new ice age, whole world floods, aint no thing to me.

its probly cause all you goldurneded graffiti taggers with your aerosol spray cans! damn kids these days!

3. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

theres already a thread about this

CLOSE

4. BoRe-719-

BoRe-719- Elite Member

colorados weather is fucked, particularly up against the eastern side of the mountians.

no joke weve gone from 80 degree wether, to below freezing over night.

snowday yesterday, the day before it was around seventy.

however, i dont think its a resut of global warming.
    the heating up and melting of the polar ice caps is part of the earths cylce, its been through this before. im not denying the build up of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere, preventing uv rays and solar heat from leaving the ozone. but our atmosphere is much cleaner than it was around the early twentieth century, at the beginning of industrialisaztion.

5. kila

kila Senior Member

Global Warming is caused by the greenhouse effect gases such as co2 and carbon dioxide escaping and combine the cause a harmful hot radiation that is almost hotter then the sun and all that is taking in space as we speak but it is getting hott and hotter escaping right through our troposphere,mesophere, and the exosphere.......... i know what i am talking about i am smart but i am not a faggot ass nerd

6. ase

ase Senior Member

I truly don't know what to make of global warming. It could be the earths cylce or it can be the build up of gasses. It sure doesn't hurt to try to prevent it though. Rather safe than sorry, right? If we ignore it, it may come back to bite us in the ass.

I was watching this thing on the History or Discovery channel, and theres beds of frozen methane gas in the ocean. If the Earth were to heat up 4-5 degrees more than its average temperature, it would create a huge release of methane gas from the oceans, and cause another 4-5 degree temperature increase. So it would be a 8-10 degree increase which they said would kill much of the life on Earth, with most of the world having Sahara Desert like temperatures.

7. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

grrreeeat, you really do know what you're talking about eh?

CO2 and Carbon dioxide are the same thing there Einstein.

8. afek

afek Elite Member

ill i gotta say is i want winter back :(

9. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

hahahaha "radiation thats hotter than the sun"

first off, radiation dosent give off heat, and secondly, the sun burns incredibly hot, hotter than anything producable on the earth if i'm not mistaken.

hydrogen molecules under tremendous pressure tends to burn quite hot.

did you guys know that those hot water vents on parts of the sea floor spew out water thats 390 degrees(F)

the pressure down there is so great that water remains liqiud up to like 500degrees

10. JETc17

JETc17 Elite Member

something about the glaciers melting into the thermohaline. then the thermohaline becomes flawed and warm water does not flow back into the gulf and atlantic, temperatures drop by the tens of degrees, and essentially we go into a second ice age.

roughly picked up from history channel a month ago..

11. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

the earth goes through a climatic cycle, its starting to get a cople degrees colder worldwide again, much like it did several times before cars or fossil fuels even existed.

what do you think caused the famine durring the middle ages?

12. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

Look up milankovich cycles kiddies.....

13. afek

afek Elite Member

ive heard that to

i like this one the best

e-terror you got good points to

14. RMA

RMA Elite Member

I made a global warming board game.

15. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

sophomore year i did a yearlong project wirh 5 other people about global warming.

oh, and milankovitch cycles, +1 for Serbia!

MSE would be proud

16. okouais

okouais Senior Member

Global Warming is something, but I think we will be more worrying about OIL in the coming years. For the past 100 years, we have lived with cheap oil but that time has ended and who knows what's it gonna be like when the oil is going to be 5, or 10 $ a liter...

17. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

E85 ethanol.

in the end is gonna cost the same as gas does now, but its a completely renuable resource and can be made from a multitude of things. BIOMASS ENERGY NIGGGA!!!!

18. okouais

okouais Senior Member

not as simple.haha

19. ase

ase Senior Member

And the fact that it takes fossil fuels to create this new fuel. Problem still isn't exactly solved.

20. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

in what ways does it take fossil fuels? to power the tractors?