Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Style. Experienced Help Needed.

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by enigmatic, Dec 28, 2006.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enigmatic

enigmatic Senior Member

[Broken External Image]:http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6311/mail1hh8.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6264/1221061354ce1.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4372/1221061353pr8.jpg[/QUOTE]

Im posting up these flicks so you all can see were im at and what im struggling with. Everything that i draw seems so generic. Which leads me to some questions about style, when i started writing back in... september, i immediately started doing insane wildstyles... yeah right, insanely shit wild styles. ya know, the stuff most toys go through. of course i showed my stuff to some nice local heads who basically gave me a verbal asswhooping that was much needed. Told me to go back and do the letters off my keyboard, do block letters, and work from there, well i did all this and recently changed names. unfortunately im at a total and complete standstill, i can paint, cleanly, any of the thinkgs that i posted. but im not progressing. at all, its the same old stuff over and over again, because i was trained that way, is it okay for me to start to add my own style, ive been looking at a lot of different writers with seriously unique styles. Hepos from 666 for instance, the shit he does is insanely clean and original, and it all has a certain style to it, the same tweaking of the letters, use of shading, 3D etc.

Now that ive got the basics, where do i go from here, should i sit down and just start busting out letters, see what clicks, should i look at other writers. comic books. for inspiration? Let everything i like fall together? Im looking for writers that know what there talking ab out *you know who you are* to help me out, and others. what exactly is a style, and how do you develop your own?

2. TheWarOnAndrew

TheWarOnAndrew Member

Once you have your own style down you can have other writers write in your black book and adapt some of their style to yours.

I find it helps to practice other styles so when you go back and start writing normally you will notice some change.

3. sketch13

sketch13 Senior Member

it's gonna seem annoying doing simples all the time but it will help... you'll eventually get the feel for the letters and youll start noticing what you can change and all that shit and from there you'll slowly start to develop either your own style or a slightly better one that you already have....point is it takes time keep sketching....

4. alive

alive Banned

how the FUCK did this get passed. no seriously. this makes me angry. why the fuck does he deserve his own thread. if this stays, i get one too.

5. sketch13

sketch13 Senior Member

dude relax obviously someone thought it was a good thread or else it wouldnt be here...... try and make one maybe they'll pass it

6. alive

alive Banned

well i just submitted my new thread. i hope it will be properly approved.

wanna bet?

7. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

ditto...

no one gets special treatment..

post in toy story

CLOSED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.