Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Cheap can hacks

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by BridgeRat, May 17, 2014.

Share This Page

1. BridgeRat

BridgeRat Senior Member

Alright, so here's some tips on how to make garbage cans spray better. Most caps aren't transferable to $1 cans because the assholes who made them wanted them to not be appealing to writers.

You can take a razor blade to the lower part of the spray cap opening,pressing lightly to create a very small slit, to get more of a fan spray, you can also heat up a small pin and shove it in there, but sometimes that clogs the cap with its own plastic.

I have learned that the red $1 cans with the Round Top from wally world will take a valspar/rusto cap, and the spray width is about as big as a NY fat. but of course not as high quality as a rusto with a fat cap.
    This will NOT work with any $1 cans but the ones with the round top.

Red devil cans are about $2.50 and I recall that certain caps would work on them.

I have also had $1 cans malfunction in the cold and give me a fan spray, that wasn't great, but distributed the paint better than usual.

2. writingis4life

writingis4life Senior Member

Wow this actually works thanks