Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

how good of an artist do you have to be

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by sprayanddestroy, Aug 5, 2014.

Share This Page

1. sprayanddestroy

sprayanddestroy New Member

Hey, I am new to graffiti and I was just wondering how good of an artist do you have to be to graffiti.

2. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

In graff it all depends on you. Some people do it cause of the art side of this, others do it cause they think it'll make them cool and some are just into destroying stuff. As far as being a good artist it's all up to you and what you want for yourself. Cause right now there's a lot of older guys who are known worldwide and so many people look up to them and all that but in my opinion on the art side of things and skill wise they suck. So it's all up to you bro. What do you wanna do and what you wanna be known for?

3. voyeurist

voyeurist Member

In my opinion you have to at least have somewhat of an understanding of what art is before you go into it. I'm no artist to some people when i'm not writing, but other times i am. Either way if you can make rectangles with a pencil and connect them to form a bar structure letters, (refer to the new to graff thread if you're clueless to what i'm talking about) you can write graffiti.

4. badder boy

badder boy Senior Member

just do stencils u will be da next hot new pop street artest on da blok!

5. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

^^^ Hahaha. Thats true. Bite other people's stencil so you be just like Banksy.

6. EYEDUNNO

EYEDUNNO Member

i think graff as an art has its own vision ... i have been drawing since i learned i can make the shapes of letters all by my self ..now i could sit and do a highly detailed study of something that could take 4/5 hours my imagination is deep and crazy ..yet sometimes my graff just hits a wall (not in a good way)

studying art lets me do graff a little easier and lets me understand how i want it to look ........but some days my graff just does not flow might just be me

7. oveous

oveous Member

It all depends on you bro!