Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Jobs in Graffiti

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr.Late, Aug 22, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

what up guys? i was just wondering if anyone had any info/advice for jobs in graffiti, painting murals, canvas, wtf ever it may be. i wanna know how and if people make a living off graffiti. its always been my aspiration and my dream job but its not something you just go in apply for lol. i would imagine youd make up your own contract or somethin like that ya? i wouldnt even mind payin for my own paint just doing it is a reward in itself, but you know what they say, never do anything for free. im about to go into work now so didnt have time to see if there was already a thread on this but please any advice is much appreciated (thats related to the topic!!!)

2. xBOTx

xBOTx Senior Member

I would think to just go ask permission on business walls.

3. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

Unless you're like TATS CRU or have one hell of a portfolio already you're mainly hustling to make shit happen. The big $ comes from having corporations that want your services for advertising (if you're strictly painting walls) and even then, you'll need a few walls and will need to do 1-2/week, pay the wall owner for the wall, cost of supplies (you don't want to be paying $7/can), gas, food, scout locations, scout the companies that would want their ad in graffiti, make sure what you're doing meets their specifications, get harassed by bums/haters/graf "fans"/toys, etc. In theory it sounds easy- go do a wall. But in practice, you're going to put down time and energy.

From what I've seen, people who do design have it easier. Sketch/draw on computer, loaf, smoke some pot, computer search, tweak someone else's design enough to call your own, collect check. Repeat.

4. oveous

oveous Member

Post ads on craigslist or kijiji, get your name out there. Have a portfolio of walls and pieces ready to show them in case they are interested.

5. LennArt

LennArt New Member

You have to promote yourself. Paint in public places on canvas, ask to paint at youth centers to design cool walls for young people and step by step you raise your price. I make my living with grafiti here in Germany and now I know that its all about promotion and advertisment.

Here is what I do: www.spraybar.de