Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tips: How to meet more artist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Graff is Art, Aug 27, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Graff is Art

Graff is Art New Member

I recently moved to a smaller college town and there is some local artist. I've consistently gone out nightly trying to meet people but i don't see anyone. I know they're active any tips or advice on how to meet some artist? Thanks.

2. Tony

Tony Elite Member

Just hang out at the local record store and smoke Newport's

You're bound to run into some cool cats.

Or just go play by the train tracks with your headphones in.

3. xcuze

xcuze Member

well theres many ways to meet graffiti writers.. usually theres legal walls were dudes practice.. every major city has those spots.. hang around them and ur bound to meet writers, if ur in a small town then it gets tougher because writers don't usually bomb "small college towns" they are hitting up urban spots/cities.. so yes, legal walls are your best bet, also internet sites such as this can be used to meet writers, and I know it's a long shot but just going out bombing and painting can lead you to people..

I was catching tags one night and a random dude came up to me, and I was alarmed because in the area where I was bombing dudes can get pissed at you for painting in their area, so I thought A. it was a dude trying to catch me slipping and knock me out, or B. an undercover cop... but it just so happens it was a local kid who liked graffiti and wanted to go out and catch some tags with me.. so I got the dudes number and we hit up the area a different day.. he was mad toy though and wasn't too serious about graff so I actually haven't talked to him in a while but he knew a couple of other writers that I could have easily inquired about but I personally prefer painting alone so I didn't ask.. but thats how it happens man, if you put your mind to it you can meet tons of writers,artists , etc.. you just gotta be patient and look in the right places..

4. Tyler.

Tyler. Senior Member

^awesome bible you wrote there jehova

5. xcuze

xcuze Member

lol thanks?

6. Artsupplies

Artsupplies Member

I think it is difficult to find artists in small areas because artist prefer urban areas to show their artistic skills.

7. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

Work on your grammar and spelling, because real writers are all about that shit & will recognize.

But for real, be glad you know nobody and nobody knows you. Get up. Smash shit. Remain anonymous. It's a smart move.

8. dudeatyahoo

dudeatyahoo Senior Member

okay say you kive in idk...Austin texas... idk.. go on instagram and typ in #austingraffiti then find some instagram users that also paint. also you could hang at leagal walls. and goto art or graffiti shops and stike up conversations but be careful. you don't want people knowing you write that aren't writers.

9. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Yea ive been trying to meet some of the guys in my area...they tag near my stuff so i know we hit up some of the same spot just never at the same time. Plus there's about 5 diff guys i think and i think some are clashing against each other they go over each others shit writing pussy and shit like that...lol dont want to run into the wrong ones

10. Ozen

Ozen Member

exactly... my town is dead and the nearest one has no chill spots... youll get the cops called if you even go near the tracks smh

11. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

Hit up your town hall with a fatcap and write "graffiti writer meet at my crib *addres* at 12pm, no cops allowed!"

12. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Yup cops are heavy were i live but where i found some of my spots there's hobos and crackheads so i dont trip very much...oh yea had the cops called the other day cause i walked by a abandon building to slow luckily i lied my ass off and got out of there