Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

I need some help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pny, Sep 29, 2014.

Share This Page

1. pny

pny Member

Hello guys, I'm new to graffiti. I wanted to start making slaps. I have some labels coming in the mail ( UPS, USPS, OnTrac). I wanted to know what paint pens I should get. Posca are more available than Decocolors and Molotow is a little pricey. Are Posca pens good? Also, I will not rack any supplies.

Also my legal (at home graffiti, my friends and family know that name) is "pny" and my more illegal name is gonna be "Tag" I think. Let me know if those names are taken or what or if they're just lame.

Also, paint. I was thinking maybe getting Kolour or Fresh Paint to start out with. I have some hardware store paint but it drips and has aweful lines. Thanks guys

2. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

...tony? plumb? baze? one of you guys wanna handle this one?

3. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

yes you do need help.... decos r pretty much extinct in my area, if you can find em give me to me. molotow kicks ALL ASS. nuff said.
    rusto
    rusto
    rusto
    low pressure for outline

p.s. your guna want a sect adapter

4. pny

pny Member

Thanks, really rustoleum? I suppose It's good for learning. I'll raid my grandpa's shop next time I'm there and see what he's got. Molotow is pricey. I think I'm gonna try those posca pens just because.

Whats that supposed to mean?

5. DannyBoi

DannyBoi Member

If you just started out, dont even think of using Molotows or Poscas. Stick to the cheap shit. Also dont get those paint brands. The reason those hardware cans are dripping is because you have shitting can control. Btw, the name "tag" is wack as fuck

6. DannyBoi

DannyBoi Member

btw rustoleum kicks ass so stfu

7. pny

pny Member

whats wrong with tag? Its short and quick to write. Im sure I have crappy can control but even if If i move the can really quickly sideways then it still drips no matter how fast i make a line. The rustoluem paints dont seem too too bad actually since ive used them a little more now.

8. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

-_- Is this real life? What is this thread?

9. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

thread creator is a genius. In fact, he's such a fine art aficionado he's mocking this whole forum through a perceived ignorance.

If only all of us wannabes had the competence to understand what it takes to make such quality posts such as the man known as "tag", maybe this forum could really BE something.

or, I kuld be absolootly rong. this thred kuld be maid by a sixth tean year old who just lerned the internet but best be respekted thru-out these boards. nah im sayin nah im sayin? this shit kuld be the result of a dumbass hoo no nuthin xcept the skill it takes to do burnerz.

move that shit side to side as fast as possibu and it still drips dawg. sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiiitttttttt

10. pny

pny Member

Really guys? I came here for help and your making fun of me for being uneducated in the graffiti world and how to use certain things. My new tag is MTB. It is simple, I can write it decently. I have been tagging a little with that name and I really like it

11. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

:'( <----- That's you

12. Tony

Tony Elite Member

All I really have to ask is why is this in General Discussion and not in the toys forum or tools and tips? Mods? Anyone? Surely this topic goes better in one of those sub-forums?

Write whatever the fuck you want. I think "tag" is kind of bland, boring and un-imagineative..... The other names fall into the same category. But if they work for you then who cares what a bunch of internet crackers think? Paint with whatever works for you. I like hardware store paint but some people don't. Fuck me right? Just find what you like

13. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

dont listen to this chump up here ^. he knows nothing. dont d-serve no respekt

14. pny

pny Member

Thanks for not being a total joke. Yeah, I didnt think right when I chose to put this in here but oh well. I will write what I want, I was mostly concerned the name was taken by some decent artist. I'll play around with more paint.

15. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

play around with some finger paint nigguh

16. TheDeck

TheDeck Member

17. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

OP is clearly internet genius. i have no choice but to play along. personally to someone new to paint marker i recommend Sharpie paint markers simply because the ink doesn't dry up on the nib as fast as any non oil based paint marker does.
    somethin i would also recommend is buying some paint brushes, paint in a bottle, and some clear coat. make your own colors and practice coloring before you redraw your outline assuming you learn drawing from throw up fashion. (using the fill in color for first outline then fill it in with that color, and use another color as final outline.). add some clear coat to protect it from aging.

Let me tell you something about drips and caps n fancy paint n shit. Spray paint is a tool. Its up to you to use it properly. Use what you have when you have it and learn how to use it right.

18. dudeatyahoo

dudeatyahoo Senior Member

Keep ur tag simple try only styleizing one letter in ur tag if ur mnew maybe! Dont go over people!!!!

19. OTER

OTER Member

Id say it depends on how much money you have, not what level you're at. All pens that have been stated are decent but if you're not very good then anything you use wont look to great.

20. Tony

Tony Elite Member