Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

adding personal touches when starting out

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by ROCKS66634, Nov 8, 2014.

Share This Page

1. ROCKS66634

ROCKS66634 New Member

safe boys , im a pretty new artist under a year only been out a handfull of times and only been happy with my work once but im really feeling like i should be moving past just my bombs and my lettering start throwing in some back ground maybe some cartoon characters but my main issue is that im whats known as a disgraphic which means i cant right properly with a pen or pencil which means to earn things i have to learn with a can are there any tips you got maybe about perspectives or building up my characters so i dont mess it up to much and lose hundreds on wasted cans ? also wildstyle is another one im struggling with but thats all to do with there being so many three d aspects its hard to get your head round when you cant draw it out first anyway cheers lads im sure you c an help a brudda out ! :)

2. osber

osber Senior Member

A couple things that worked for me are
    drawing on a yellow pad for example,or sky blue paper, manila envelopes, cardboard, something easy on the eyes
    Wearing sunglasses/tinted lenses when sketching and writing
    Cutting letters into parts, Focusing on drawing parts of letters
    If you aint feelin your pens and pencils try out colored pencils, pastels or brushtip markers, find your medium

My dysgraphia affected me writing wrong letters and words while I was listenin to them and I was taking notes. I also go from capitals to lowercase whenever its convenient for my brain. I was told its a problem in my 'orthographic loop output' and there's no fix. I had an incredible abiliity to spell and read at a young age but scribble out a lot of words out when filling out paperwork and struggle to read aloud, not that anyone notices.

Hows your cursive?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  3. oatmeal

oatmeal Senior Member

wild style is played. its not 1999. work with straight letters and basics. defiantly work on the basics. you need to understand blocking and forming letter structure properly before bending it. it all comes down to can control and a extensive knowledge of basic letter structure which is more important than anything. it takes a long time to learn can control and years of bombing.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014