Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Mixing Emulsion

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by OTER, Nov 12, 2014.

Share This Page

1. OTER

OTER Member

I've looked through these threads and not found any info about this, and i don't have all day so I'm just gonna ask and hope for the best.
    Say i had a tin of white emulsion to roller a back ground for something, but i wanted the white paint to be a darker color. Without buying a tin of black paint and using that, would there be anything i could mix with the paint to darken the color? The root of this problem is that i have no money, just one massive tin of white matt emulsion, 2 cans of white spray paint and 1 can of bright green spray paint. I wanted to do something with white/bright green lines on a darker background. But i only have white and as i said no money. So if you think i might have something lying round the house i could use as a mixer, i would really appreciate your help.
    Cheers :cool:

2. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

uhhhh... coffee grounds???

3. OTER

OTER Member

haha would that work?
    I tried some ink in the end which didnt really work.

4. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

5. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Tester pots that you get for free will alter the colour slightly. Best bet is powdered paint pigment from amazon/ebay/toy shop. Every shade can be achieved with the right pigment. I have been meaning to have a blast with some luminous and glow in the dark pigmet for a while now. Also, tesco do kids paint for a pound a go that looks worth a go. Might blast a roller piece this weekend! Bigger is Better. ha