Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wich marker I buy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by led1, Nov 12, 2014.

Share This Page

1. led1

led1 New Member

Hi people,

sorry for my bad english, I'm brasilian and I need some help.
    I'm starting in the graffiti art, and I don't know wich brand and wich size of marker I buy to do some sketches of my arts in paper..
    I really want to buy some markers that I can do some sketches and make some stickers in free hand with these markers.
    I want some cheap too, I don't have much money to use now..

I hope you can help me.

2. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

sharpies, decos (if you can find em) papermate posca
    molotow, prismas... list goes on n on. jus use what you have/can.
    pretty much any marker will work you jus got to hop on the gravy train!
    id suggest sparying a clearcoat over anything foe extra weathering protection.

3. osber

osber Senior Member

Poster markers

4. Tony

Tony Elite Member

Did the tools and tips section go on strike or something?

5. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

no idea, i hope not! novice, i just try to help out when i can, first thing i see on the app.

6. Matthew Scarlett

Matthew Scarlett New Member

I would suggest 'Letraset Promarkers or Shinhan Markers. I use both. However, Letraset refil inks are limited in colour range (around 40-50) where as Copic have a full compliment of ink refills for all there markers.

I did start with Letraset because they are cheap, but when they run out, you have to throw them away..... and so its becomes very expensive. Now I grab any Copic marker I can, especially on ebay. I have some ink refills, and in the long run, its cost effective.

Shinhan markers are the same, Great markers to use, but I can't see any ink refills anywhere. What I'm trying to do is to buy the particular Shinhan marker, that matches a specific 'Copic' ink refill. Shinhan is around 1/2 the price of Copic markers.

I would avoid your usual 'Sharpie' type markers. I only go for markers that have ink refills.

7. rod stiffington

rod stiffington Member

8. Artsupplies31

Artsupplies31 Member

Hi,
    You can find a huge collection of markers made by different brands. Online art supply stores are best to buy supplies at affordable prices. So choose according to your needs. If you are a beginner then don't spend much money on expensive brands.

9. jazzy.17

jazzy.17 Member

go on ebay, search 'coloured markers' and you can get 36 sharpie like pens for $17

10. xBOTx

xBOTx Senior Member

I got Deco's and copics for days if anyone interested in buying. But bro, go to your local art store and they should have them. Pocket them or buy them. Your call.