Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Meeting new talent (U.K) - Maybe I just need a friend :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XO1, Nov 15, 2014.

Share This Page

1. XO1

XO1 New Member

Hey Guys & Girls.... So here's my story.....

I'v been bombing a few places around my local area (West Mids - U.K Between Birmingham and Wolverhampton) mainly using stencil work to get around faster and on my travels over these last few months I have literally only came across 1 fellow artist and to be honest he took a pisser down an hill (Long Story!) so my question is : Where's all the talent hiding? Yeah I understand that discretion is a must, but surely there's more than 2 of us in my local area! I have a lovely stretch of canvases where I get to kick back and paint and I see this certain tag pop up now and again but to no avail do I see the guy/gal behind this tag. Again yes discretion is required, but it would be nice to hook up with fellow painters now again and maybe and I use this word chillingly "collaborate".

To sum up, I was in London a while back and I hit the streets with my "Cockney" friend and no sooner the sun had set and the moon started his shift there where "Taggers" and "Street Artists" everywhere I was amazed! and that's what got me thinking............ My area needs this. Obviously it leaves more walls for me but it would be nice to see a variant in the Art or maybe there's no call for it where I live???

So what's it like in your surrounding area peeps?

2. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

Keeping with the discretion, maybe you don't want to post where you're from?
    Does Wolverine bomb in Wolverhampton?
    Why can't you hook up with Banksy?
    Anyhow, don't worry about others for now, focus on you. Keep a low profile. Make your shit nice and get it up & out there. Then people will want to "collaborate" and they will seek you out.

3. THE SGD

THE SGD Member

The area around here is terrible, no taggers, no bombers. Because of it, I decided to keep a low profile and stick with bombing the freights that are parked in a railroad that runs through my town. The city that's about 10 miles away however has people worse than me(a few decided it was a good idea to bomb an abandoned building near a freight yard there), but I am still starting out so I stick to my blackbook, but its a pain because of not having good markers.

4. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

^ Truth of the matter is, you do poop on a train & it goes interstate and soon the world knows you stink. On the other hand, you practice some nice simples, make them clean, nice color combos, and you can do up those freights nice. Then you get wider recognition for good work, and soon it doesn't matter that there's no one in your area because you're getting noticed by people who matter further along the lines.

5. rod stiffington

rod stiffington Member

west brom oi

6. dudeatyahoo

dudeatyahoo Senior Member

YO GET INSTAGRAM AND USE HASTAGS THAT IS UR CITY NAME FOLLOWED BY GRAFF OR STREET ART POSSIBALLY.
    be careful....maybe don't post ur own work but people might message u to collaborate. or on ur post you could say ur open to meet up, or collaborate. be careful, there could be cops or what not.

7. THE SGD

THE SGD Member

Yeah man, been sticking with my black book and practicing every now and then. I have been trying to learn how to rack paint but people never give me good info and the reason I want some is to practice. :/

8. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Wolverhampton and Birmingham have a very busy scene. I travel from Liverpool fairly regularly to paint those ways. The bench would be a good place to start, your more likely to find writers at the local shop, and if you dont look/act/be a dick, theyll take you out painting. Some top peoples Brum ways.

9. xBOTx

xBOTx Senior Member

I agree with ray of today, just focus on your craft and other artist will pop up like crazy. Then you'll have to worry about competition, beef, etc. Pros n con's man, I hope you find your bombing partner!