Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sticker Techniques

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Brian Peppers, Feb 22, 2007.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Peppers

Brian Peppers Senior Member

Post any tech's you guys got on how to make some slaps. Be it the kind of marker to how to get em to stay.

2. What Happened to the Letters?

What Happened to the Letters? Elite Member

ive seen all kinds of things on this before, why was this allowed? its calledd wheatpaste and paint markers

3. Brian Peppers

Brian Peppers Senior Member

This is more organized...

4. SpLiTbomber

SpLiTbomber Elite Member

CLOSE this and post in an existing thread!!!!!!!!

5. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

decos never fail on stickers....they dont fade....sharpies are horrible...when you slap it...unless its a ridiculously high spot, dont slap it..roll it on pressing firmly...if you have a pencil/pen/marker on you, after you "slpa" it you can press on the pen/marker/pencil applying alot of presure and almost "squeejee" it...this will press the sticky shit on harder, and it will get all the air bubbles out

never apply to textured surfaces, because they wont stay up, never slap it on a dirty surface

if i have time, after i slap it, ill go over it a couple times with that clear duct tape stuff thats super stickey...like packing tape...that way when they peel it, it will be harder considering this is plastic aposed to paper

handmades always look better unless your horrible at making hand mades

when in doubt make a 2 tone background with some good ol' spray paint

clear acrylic coatings will do verry little but somewhat protection to sun fading

when you slap your sticker, watch your elements, keeping in mind that if you stick it somewhere in the suns path, it will very quickly fade depending on the products you use on it, also keep in mind that if it will be exposed to water...about 5 months after you stick it, it will begin to automaticaly peel and shrivle...i always like to slap my stickers on the opposite side of the sun and out of the way of rain, this way they are guaranteed to stay up longer

close

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.