Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

caps and spray paint valves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt Fukkensellout, Dec 10, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Matt Fukkensellout

Matt Fukkensellout Member

how do i know if a cap is going to fit on a can i have? when i was buying caps the guy behind the counter sayed something about valves and universal and something else can anyone explain this in more detail?

2. xBOTx

xBOTx Senior Member

Caps that have a stick are (male caps) that only fit on cans with holes (female can)

Or vice versa. Not that hard to understand man.

3. Matt Fukkensellout

I under stand that but would a male iron lak cap fit on another can that is also female is there not different kinds of valves? Like is a rusto with a female valve the same as like a Montana With a female valve? Or is there different kinds of valves like universal and shit?

4. xBOTx

xBOTx Senior Member

Not sure about that but if the cap doesnt fit use an adapter, theyre cheap and can make em at home.

5. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

yes valves do vary, you really have to experiment to see what works for you, the montana line is always changing the cap system which is why i hate them so much. but yes adapters are the way to go if it doesnt fit. if you ask me, all you ever need is a nice 94 with stock and rusto with a sect cap adaptor witha ny fat, best combo evahhh!

6. Matt Fukkensellout

yea haha thats actually what i went and bought today is an adapter and a bunch ny fats

7. xBOTx

xBOTx Senior Member

Nice, that's the way to go. I ordered 50 NY fats for 7$

8. Matt Fukkensellout

So how come an ny fat dont work on dope?

9. Tony

Tony Elite Member

You are correct, there are 2 types of female valves. "Rusto" and Montana use different type of female valve systems. The Rusto type caps use a 2 step valve and the Montana cans use a 1 step valve.

You can tell the difference by looking at the stem of the cap you're using.

Caps for a 1 step valve system will be smooth. Ny fats have a mostly smooth stem

[​IMG]

Caps for a 2 step valve system will appear to have 2 different sizes on the stem. The top is thicker and near the bottom where the slit is, it is narrower

[Broken External Image]:http://cdn3.volusion.com/qcqpd.emnaj/v/vspfiles/photos/rustofatsred-100-4.jpg

Some times you can use both of them on a can, unlikely you would be able to fit a rusto fat on a 1 step valve can though. They are usually too wide to fit in.

....and sometimes shit is just fucked up and doesn't wanna work because fuck you.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  10. Matt Fukkensellout

thanks man, that helps what is a universal valve?

11. Ofey

Ofey Member

There is no universal valve. There is however a universal cap which can be used for outlines or small fills. Buy a pink sekt adapter for rustos and only use male caps. There are pressure sensitive valves (MTN, Ironlak, Kobra etc.) And non pressure sensitive (Rusto, Krylon, Kilz, dollar cans) The former can expel a variable amount of paint, determined by the pressure applied to the valve.