Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

A Great GRAFFITI Tutorial

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by stevesartstudio, Feb 20, 2015.

Share This Page

1. stevesartstudio

stevesartstudio Member

This is a graffiti tutorial I've created to help out any intermediate artist. Obviously there is more than one way to skin a cat but these are some of the simple tips that helped me learn. I kept this piece really simple and avoided using to many connections. Hopefully this might help some of you out there. All the best! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZrTC7QqSU

2. Ghettopicasso

Ghettopicasso Senior Member

Tutorial kill creativity by making a formula your a cancer

3. stevesartstudio

stevesartstudio Member

Oh whatever. If people choose not to find their own style that's their own problem. I've helped a lot of people get on the right tracks to at least understanding letter structure. I don't teach any style. That's something people have to learn on their own.

4. Ghettopicasso

Ghettopicasso Senior Member

That's cool, I misjudged you. You should change your videos title though makes you seem like a toy. It's only graffiti if it's illegal

5. stevesartstudio

stevesartstudio Member

haha, trust me, I know the definition of graffiti. I realize that it is vandalism. Regardless of what the definition is, when kids are looking for lessons on how to draw "street art" or whatever you want to call it, they go on youtube and type in "how to draw graffiti" or "graffiti tutorial". You have to be smart when you title a youtube video. I'm not worried about looking like a toy because I know I'm not one. I'm just a person that is smart enough to know that in this era people will be using the internet to learn. If I'm not teaching people to draw "street art" someone else will be. Id rather be teaching kids to draw than wait for some toy to put up a tutorial that teaches kids how to draw lots of arrows and messed up 3d's.

6. MishxFYF

MishxFYF Member

I agree with Steve to be honest. It's a great tut for people who don't understand you gotta start simple and work your way up. Most kids jump right into trying to make it all crazy and its a terrible habit. Keep the videos coming steve.

7. stevesartstudio

stevesartstudio Member

Thanks Mishx! ya its very true. When I first started writing I was literally making letters out of arrows. It took me a good year before I even understood what I as doing wrong and all it took was one writer telling me that I needed to keep my lines parallel and to really focus on simple letter structure. That's all I was trying to do with this tutorial.

Everything I said in this tutorial is the same stuff I tell kids today in person. So who cares if I tell someone this under a bridge, in an alleyway, or on an internet forum. The point is, I'm simply helping some people with their art. If these people that watch my videos become incredible graffiti artists one day, no ones going to call them toys. They are just going to be the modern era of graff artists that had a tool known as the internet that helped them bring graffiti as an artform to that next level.

Believe it or not, those caps that you purchase at your local graff store weren't always available. Artists used to have to look for random caps on cans of other household products. Eventually someone saw an opportunity to create and sell different sized caps and now it is something everyone utilizes.

By making a tutorial I am no worse than the people that created low pressure paint and caps to go with it. At the end of the day it is the individual artist that will have to go out and experiment and get their hands dirty and I personally wish them all the best in their creative endeavors.

8. Abnahi0

Abnahi0 New Member

I bomb with rusto so if I'm lucky I got some primo fats handy, if not I'm fucked. I got the standard ny fatty for the kilz????

http://test-king.com/
    http://www.colostate.edu/

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015