Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Panorama Help

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by mc_mic, Mar 18, 2007.

Share This Page

1. mc_mic

mc_mic Member

I need to know the secrets of shooting panoramic stills,

in my head the best technique would be to stand facing the piece wit your back on an opposite wall facing the piece, and move left to right while taking pictures,

i said this so that all the pics will be the same distance away from the camera and look even

however i doubt this is wat the pros do

2. Live4TheWall

Live4TheWall Elite Member

I would recommend a tripod......

Just for starters.

3. molotow_15

molotow_15 Elite Member

i bet most people on here dont even kno what a panorama shots are,
    i just use the camera settings and put the camera on a wall or so its flat,
    fuck tripods no ones going carry them around with you :)

4. Citizin

Citizin Senior Member

a panorama is any wide view of a physical space

Yes or no?

5. Rogue

Rogue Guest

6. BeesKnees

BeesKnees Senior Member

on my camera theres panorama mode so it shows a transparent section of the previous picture along the corner and you have to line it up to take your next shot

7. sketch13

sketch13 Senior Member

thats sick makes shit so much easier

8. SpLiTbomber

SpLiTbomber Elite Member

werd^

just do it like iv done, u see where the edge of the pic is wen u take it, move over till the opposite side is parallel with the point....

ehh fuck it, go figure it out urself

9. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

10. sketch13

sketch13 Senior Member

lmao :lol:

11. capitol

capitol Senior Member

bump.. thats the coolest building i've ever seen. where the fuck is that??? [/b][/quote]
    Its burj dubai, i think, tallest hotel in the world if im not mistaken, right in the middle of middle east.

12. Stear(Stare)

Stear(Stare) Senior Member

dubais got all the top notch architecture, rich bastards....look em up sometime. i heard theyre makin a hotel that is completely underwater.

13. def.

def. Senior Member

just take a picture, remember where the edges were and sidestep until you get to you next frame then take the next picture, repeat as needed and fix/resize in photoshop.

the first ones will be shaky and have weird angles but eventually you master it.

14. STAR01

STAR01 Senior Member

i i get it right... you can just place it on something flat nd then mark were the cam stood when you took the first pic nd mark the 2nd and so on.... hope i made myself clear :wacko:

15. noam12

noam12 Senior Member

the big pic i think is the atlantis in hawaii casue i remeber seeing a thing for it back when i watch that legends of the hidden temple show...lucky bastards one a free trip <_<

16. N:Craze

N:Craze Senior Member

if your camera is high resolution take the pic from far away and then crop it down to size

17. minor crimes

minor crimes Elite Member

its a hotel called the burg of arab. in the middle east in dubai.

i learnt that in art class lol.

my cell phone has panorama view and can take 3 photos. n has the transparent thing in it as well.

ai81.photobucket.com_albums_j230_a2b_01_enosejoinup.jpg

not a very good pic of it but yeah i couldnt see the transparent thing with it so yeah ist kinda shit sometimes.

18. role

role Senior Member

19. sectra

sectra Member

tri pod...small level

level your camera but allow the tri pod to pivot in the desired direction...

start from one side, working you way towards the end, overlapping by about 20 percent each time (this allows for room to fiz in the photoshop process. if you dont have photoshop, use another art tool like illustrator....if you don't have anything but microsoft paint, stop reading)

it helps to have the camera in the vertical position if you can mannage it, but iv seen some pretty good results when its placed hoizontal as well...

when your done, load all the pictures into photoshop on one giant background, allowing each one to be on its own respective frame and place into desired position...(this might take a while as each shot will be slightly different from the next. dont worry, line it us as best you can for now. if you need to, lower the opacity as you move the selected frame to line it up nicely with it's neighbor)

now, choose one fram which you think has the best/vibrant color and allow that one to act as a template fore the rest. now, match up it's neighboring frames as closely as you can to its color, using levels, contrast, and hues to help you along the way. continue untill ALL frames are at an acceptable color/contrast.

now, take your eraser tool, choose a manigable size, and set the hardness to '0'...now on each seam between frames, erase the jagged/'off' bits until the all mesh together evenly...

if this wasn't clear to you, you can allways google 'photoshop panoramic shots tutorial' of somthing...