Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

References for my 6/4 Tattoo appt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gianluca, Apr 23, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Gianluca

Gianluca New Member

Hey everyone, on June 4th I have an appt with my tattoo artist to get my newest piece done & was hoping someone could direct me to some references. I can't upload a pic bc I'm typing this on my phone but here's a link to a tattoo of Philly done in a graffiti style that I just uploaded.

Lucasmallz.wordpress.com

Basically my tattoo is going to be on my right shoulder. It's going to be like the city in the link. A skyline of buildings ( that pic is just a reference ) and I want my artist to add a bridge in there. Above the city will be a night scene such as stars etc and flying from and above the skyline will be a paper airplane then written out above that will be "Dream Big" in graffiti.

Now here's the catch....right to the side somewhat below that scene will be a graffiti artist and it'll look like he just basically tagged that skyline on my back. The artist who's doing this has done some nice new school work so I'm excited about this piece.

Now my question for anyone willing to help me is can you either post, link me to, etc some pics like the one in the link I provided. I gave the artist my concept & said take creative control. I believe an artist should incorporate his style but that's just my opinion. He wanted me to email him some ideas ( im a sooners fan so I sent him a pic of the OU logo bc I want the guy wearing an OU hat ) but city wise like in the link I really can't find much. It doesn't already need to be a tattoo just anything that I can look at for inspiration would be much appreciated. Thanks again for any info anyone can provide!

2. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

3. Gianluca

Gianluca New Member

Thanks but I've exhausted that search prior to posting here. I wanted to see skylines done in a graffiti style not just random skyline tattoos. I figured someone on here whether its their own work or a portfolio/site of someone would have some good examples and when just googling graffiti city tattoos its just results based on regular work done in a random city.