Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Age an issue?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by v1AZ, May 6, 2015.

Share This Page

1. v1AZ

v1AZ Member

am I to old to start this graffiti lark not long turned 32.... Anyone others start late? Should be ordering some cans soon can't wait to see the missus face when I've put tags up all over our back yard walls

2. Tyler.

Tyler. Senior Member

Age = Maturity and respect I'd hope.

3. jak24

jak24 Senior Member

I always said i hope i wont be writting by the time im 30.. So i personally think starting at 32 is a terrible idea, but as they say "to each their own" If you feel like its a good idea go for it. I havent actually gone out and painted since i turned 18 so about six years now.. glad i stopped i have a few friends get in a real good amount of trouble just for writing their name on some buildings.

4. v1AZ

v1AZ Member

I don't have any intention of walking the streets bit old for that I will be just doing it in my yard only! I've already been done for criminal damage I ain't getting done again

5. jak24

jak24 Senior Member

If youre not planing on runing the streets then go for it.

6. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

nah man just have fun. thats probably the reason youre into it anyways.

7. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

Well if you're doing art you're probably good, but if you're ordering a bunch of spray paint to tag your backyard you can expect the missus to whoop your ass.
    You can start/stop at any age. I started later than a lot and still go strong. Common sense helps the longevity factor, as does self-control.

8. Tyler.

Tyler. Senior Member

Yep yep. Arting Science.

9. Slushi 6989

Slushi 6989 Moderator

You're never too old for a new hobby

10. tubesteak666

tubesteak666 Member

Age isnt an issue, maybe some people are too young and cant understand the creative outlet side of things, but I think as long as your using art as an expression of yourself and/or as a creative outlet it doesnt matter

11. RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh Member

Out of curiosity... Why are you on this website then??:confused:

12. jak24

jak24 Senior Member

I still enjoy sketching and looking at other peoples art. But for me going out and risking getting caught doesnt seem worth what id lose. If he wants to paint legally thats fine, but if he plans to go out and bomb the streets i think its a bad idea

13. Doubt

Doubt New Member

Hell I started at 12 quit at 19 started all over at 40. Passing it on to my kids now but tell them to keep it at home. I know one day they will branch out but I have shown and told them the risk so they are on their own on that.

14. Miew

Miew Member

Man, if you're worried about your age? anyone suppost to Know? and if anyone knows its to impress. dont worry about impressing other people. do it for yourself and not others. if pedestrians see it they see it i dont see how your mind isn't clogged when there would be a chance to be caught.

If its in your backyard go for it, you will only get better with each attempt. but expect time a factor and dont get mad even if you have artistic talent. like after i was busted i havent picked up a can in a couple years, but i still sketch. i think i got a couple months of occupation coming up. at least i wont be bored.

15. cloakanddagger

cloakanddagger New Member

I didn't start until I was 28 except for some good clean fun very young so I say go for it and honestly being older can help bring a real appreciation for the work that's out there. It takes a lot to write and I think maturity is an invaluable asset especially when it comes to street bombing. You get a sense of awareness of how things work that is tough to have as a kid. I know you said you wouldn't be on the street but be ready to want it at some point if you find you love spray. Plenty of dark corners to do your thing without worry

16. v1AZ

v1AZ Member

The missus was cool with it all but sunny days means washing outside drying feel like I'm always waiting to go out there and practice. I'm sit here looking out the window staring at my fill it needs an outline and I'm getting pissed off just looking at now I'm thinking where can I go that's quiet and close no people ha I'm enjoying it tho a lot harder than I expected small improvements each time I paint

17. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Loads places in the UK with legal walls man. Never more than an hour away i reckon.

18. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

Where you come from breh?

19. Zearo902

Zearo902 Member

Yeah! There are plenty of wall you can legally paint and practice on. Try to get a large sheet of plywood to paint on. I'd also recommend practicing on paper first :)

20. RICARDO

RICARDO New Member

I was a graffiti writer here in England from 1985 up to about 1996.
    Stopped doing it for personal reasons and too many toys with no respect.
    Anyway fast forward to last month June 2015,alone late night on the Madrid metro,i just happened to have a fat marker on me,and fuck me,i felt like I was 14 again,i destroyed the whole train with inside tags just for nostalgia......age 45,after a few stops the train started to get busy,nobody even suspected it was me!,happy days.