Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Montana, Ironlak, or Molotow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tubesteak666, May 14, 2015.

Share This Page

?

What brand would you be most likely to buy?

1. Molotow

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Ironlak

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Montana

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. tubesteak666

tubesteak666 Member

I've been doing alot of research lately as I'm going to be making a pretty big order of paint, and I've seen mixed reviews of several brands of paint. Some say Molotow is best, others say Montana (german) is the best, and some but not as many say that Ironlak is best. I want to know what you think is best and why. I know some people will have their own opinions but anything is appreciated! Thanks in advance

2. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

I would say Molotow, Montana, then Ironlak.

Molotow is tried and tested, has done me well in the coldest conditions, paints well, rarely clogs. It's been around for years and I've used it for years. Like the flat finish so if you need a night flick the reflection/glare is reduced.

Montana- great color selection, thick, good to the last drop. When they first started it sucked, product was too good, so thick that fat caps would clog. Sometimes you still get a bum can where no amount of shaking seems to mix it up enough to come up the stem. Covers well, cans go the distance. Flat finish good for reasons described above. They've improved a lot over time, but I still don't feel it performs quite as well as Molotow when the temp drops.

Ironlak- personally feel it's shit. Smells like cancer which is reason enough for me to avoid it. I've only used it 2-3 times and was not impressed with it clogging, cap limitations at the time it came out. And, I've seen it fade horribly.

3. tubesteak666

tubesteak666 Member

Thanks Ray, appreciate the response

4. Slushi 6989

Slushi 6989 Moderator

Painter's touch all day mah niqquh

5. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Montanna Black all day IMO. I do like Molotow, but find coverage of some of the lighter colours is a pain. the purple and turquoisy greens are amazing tho. Think theyre slightly higher pressure than the Montannas too, as a result i have struggled to find a nice cap for skinny lines since the death of the skinny pro cap. Few shops in the UK have started selling Kak caps(If you havn't heard of them get involved) and theyre the only thing i paint with bar fat caps now, they suit Montanna perfectly! Ironlak i could take or leave given the choice.

Kobra shouldnt be overlooked in my opinion too, top paint.