Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tamiya Paint

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by xaaronx, Apr 3, 2007.

Share This Page

1. xaaronx

xaaronx Senior Member

found this stuff at a local hobby/art store type place. it's like 5 bucks for a 100ml can.

anyone have any experience with this stuff? i'm going to get one next week probably and test it out.
    [Broken External Image]:http://h1072182.hobbyshopnow.com/ProdInfo/TAM/450/TAM85052-450.jpg

that's it right there. they have tons of colors, too.

2. Brian Peppers

Brian Peppers Senior Member

looks like a waste to me. 5 bucks per can? its like 2 bucks for 1 regular sized can of like any other brand. and if you're gunna buy it for its size, just take a regular can of paint and fill it into an axe can.

i think its a waste, dont waste your money.

but if you're going to rack like 20 of them, then good call.

3. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

i use it on my rc car body shells is polycarbonate paint....ive never used it on for painting anything other than car shells....and i wouldnt recommend it, its expensive and will probably do no better than a cheap can of piss you get in dollar/pound stores....

4. dcite

dcite Elite Member

yeah seriously no point in buying anything like this.

5. minesweep

minesweep Elite Member

how did this get approved?
    anyways just try it out and if its any good go rack some because like they said it's a waste

6. sketch13

sketch13 Senior Member

NOOOOOOO dont use that shit it sucks fucking balls...... the paint is so shit

7. Excalibur

Excalibur Senior Member

Damn...that shit must paint for you if it's 5bucks and that small...

8. xaaronx

xaaronx Senior Member

i think i might pocket one and try it out. i'll let you guys know if it's any good..

9. yakrian

yakrian Senior Member

It's model paint...Good for plastic...nothing else. It's not made to cover, nor to last outdoors. Stick to all-purpose paint.

10. bobo9827

bobo9827 Elite Member

looks like garbage

11. Jason Voorhies

Jason Voorhies Senior Member

mini cans are never worth anything other than putting in your pocket. the color might be good but you can get a normal can of rusto for 2$ less

feelin the nugs in your sig^

12. Hask420

Hask420 Senior Member

what y would u spend 5 bucks on that little shit when u could get a regular can for like 2 or 3 dollars??? and i actually did rack a few of these but mine were mini krylon and they last like 2 thowies

and word thats some hella nice ganja in yer sig

13. tame345

tame345 Senior Member

The caps are way to big and the colors kinda suck no i recently bought some and they were a waster of money 5 bucks a can i think

14. pizzleaint

pizzleaint Senior Member

i personally hate most shortcut cans

there always mad pricey and on top of that they dont take other caps normally

15. anie 1

anie 1 Senior Member

i think its to expensive lik you could just jack some rusto or krylon from walamrt if you want paint plus they dont take other caps

16. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

they dont actuali cover much as well mate....i use like near a full can on each body shell doing like 3-4 thin coats....just buy like 5 dollar cans from where ever the fuck you live....

17. bigbomba'

bigbomba' Elite Member

the paint is good 4 what its made 4. i used the stuff all the time on my gas r.c car, the paint is made so the fuel and exhaust from my car wont fuck w/it.

ive nevver used it 4 graff... i have used Krylon short stacks b4, they work aight

18. yakrian

yakrian Senior Member

Mini-Cans are for Mini-Bombers...

19. Wildstyle

Wildstyle New Member

:lol: das true

20. Zulu

Zulu Member

I build models and I can honestly say that tamiya paint is incredible. It's built to bond to plastic so it will stick for a while, the only thing is that the cans are so expensive and small. Pocket size though, know what I mean?