Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tips And Rules For Stores

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Brian Peppers, Apr 7, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Brian Peppers

Brian Peppers Senior Member

Alright, everyone knows about how walmart has a policies where you can steal up to 25 bucks of stuff and not get charged, all you do is get banned from the store. Anyone know any other policies for any other stores? Stores like michaels and home-depot

2. spinthespin

spinthespin Member

Some stores that have mysterie shoppers [ store security in disguise as an average shopper] they are somewhat expensive so usually randome stores wont have them but if you get busted by one they wont get the cops invalved and wont press charges but you have to pay for what you stole and a 50 - 70 doller fee. If you dont pay the store by a certian date then thell get the cops invalved. Ive heard of the wallmart policy thing but besides wallmart this is the closest thing i can think of. Ive been shoplifting for 4 or 5 years and never goten busted and then i got busted for stealin a drink,,, hahha. i wasnt mad or dissapointed cause it was getting too easy to steal shit.

3. renegade185

renegade185 Senior Member

I've heard michael's isn't too concerned with shoplifters because they get their stuff at a real low price then mark it up high. They'd be spending more money if they took legal action. They probably just ban you from the store if you're caught.

4. dajam410

dajam410 Senior Member

Most smaller stores can't do shit besides kick you out and ban you, or call the cops. And by the time the cops arrive you'd most likely be gone.

5. Apple pie

Apple pie Senior Member

brian peppers that shit truee..?

6. sheistbugzNY

sheistbugzNY Senior Member

at walmart you cant get caught if u only stole bout 25??? thats good. at michaels they barely even check cameras i was stealin and i found by self directly in front of those camera bubble things i think it was pointed at me and nothing was sed to me att all. ssoooo

7. sheistbugzNY

sheistbugzNY Senior Member

8. d_g

d_g Elite Member

From working in retail I can tell you some policies that I had at our store in my country, might be of some help.

We only HAD to check bags if they were over a certain size (around A4, not including the width of the bag). We could still check bags smaller than that but we didn't HAVE too. So it's probably safer if you take a smaller shoulder bag type thing instead of a huge back pack.

We were allowed to check bags but not allowed to check someones clothes. Like we had the right to check inside someones bag but if we thought someone had products in their jacket we could ask them if they had stuff inside their jacket but we couldn't make them take off their jacket and show us. I think this falls into a privacy/rapist type law thing. Just kick up a big fuss about how they're a faggot and want to see your body.

Another thing I had noticed is that a lot of stores that have cameras will have the monitor near the registers, this seems to be more true for medium sized stores as it's not worth the cost of having someone out the back watching the monitors all day. So sometimes if you can see cameras but no monitor it's possible that they're fakes. This is just a rough observation though.

And remember that with big chain stores they're paying the kids who work there like minimum wage. If you were getting paid fuck all are you gonna chase some guy down the road for a couple of cans of paint...probably not.

Anyways, that's just what I've picked up from working in retail, don't blame me if you get caught.

9. Genocide

Genocide Member

I dont know about poilcys but I do got some tips on how to do it. If you dress like me. Hot topic clothes and shit them pockets are big about 3 cans per back pocket and 2 up front. You gotta be quick and quiet. Have some strong magnets and get em on the bottom ASAP! If they got one of them purchace bars on there. Wrap that sonofabitch in aluminum foil. Sounds weird but its happened to me. But good luck. I just get my friend to "clean up" after he gets off work and get me some. They barely sell that shit anyway.

10. JEDI-MASTER

JEDI-MASTER Elite Member

ive tried the magnets stuff but the peas just always rattle fo me, so how powerful a magnet, im usin the standard donut shaped ones, so nebodygot sum advice thanx

11. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

i think most places its just the opposite of what you said. every place ive ever worked at, everybody wants to be the hero..if not to impress the managers, then to break the boredom and just beat the shit out of somebody.

12. sabe2

sabe2 Senior Member

is tht shit atully true bout walmart or is tht a bunch of bs what if u live in canada are the laws diff?

13. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Bigel, Yeah true, works both ways. The people I worked with were pretty chill, it was mainly the managers that did shit like that because stock loss makes them look bad.

14. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

lowes will not, under any circumstance, chase you out of the store once you decide to run for it, its company policy. home depots more intense, and has more security..depending on the mood of the lp that picks you up you may or may not get charged with theft. and i know that around here at least michaels will fuck you very hard, especially if you're yankin markers and paint, they hate taggers and they'll let you know by having your ass thrown in county.

i know cuz ive worked for both the depot and lowes.

15. SPI-3

SPI-3 Senior Member

Target WILL NOT CHASEYOU. i work there. but we will call the cops. just runn

16. JEDI-MASTER

JEDI-MASTER Elite Member

so um bout that belton....

17. dajam410

dajam410 Senior Member

They might not be metal peas inside of it, for example Krylon doesn't use metal balls.

18. Tagger101

Tagger101 Senior Member

ive read up on store policys (mainly target kuz wally is retarded)
    and there they have to give you five "steps" before they nab you
    and only people in tan can not the red ones
    im not sure all the steps but its if they see you have prudoct
    open pruduct
    concel it
    im not sure
    and leave with it
    theres certain ranks of workers and everything the red ones (cant catch you) can get the tan ones
    and the tan ones (they can catch you) can get like the APS that are incharge of all security (usually not in the store but once a week)
    also if they see you have a weapon of anykind they will not bust you but cops are coming so RUN!!!
    and they wont stop you in the store unless its right infront of there face so you can go to the register and take it out and leave and not get introulbe
    and the people in tan if they have a supspicioun that your stealing big
    they will stalk you around the store and see what your doing and go walky talky with the guy with cameras

this is sumary of this website
    toste owns all haha

http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/irrespon...from170580.html

and for walmarts store policy
    they will not charge you if your under 18 or over 65 hahah
    and the product is under $25 dollars they will make you put it back
    unless its opend then you buy it but cops wont get involved
    and walmart has "secret shoppers" that walk around the store and
    pick out things my freind got busted like this he dropped like
    ten vgames out in an isle and the person grabbed them and they got busted

hope this helps all of our BS CRIMINALS!!!

19. bigkingone

bigkingone Member

nice info but are any of you from australia or can acces some infomation that i could use becasue laws are quite diffrent here

20. Tagger101

Tagger101 Senior Member

ha idk you guys got google down there?
    thats the best resource ever you can get any information
    on google
    if not dogpile.com
    or askjeeves?