Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

99 Problems But Skill Aint One...

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by MaNiaK, Aug 9, 2004.

Share This Page

1. MaNiaK

MaNiaK Elite Member

How does an artist prove himself?
    theres a few ways depending on whut you want...
    theres always tags, whos got the most shit up and thier letters all over town... which gets into who can hit the craziest spots...
    but to a real artist... whut matters is the wall....
    anyone can take a can and spray it(unless you dont have hands or are retarded) but... can you take a bag of cans and turn your letters into a masterpiece...
    ive been writing for years to get where im at... and i plan to go alot further... but lately in my city all the good writers are becoming fewer... theres fewer of us all the time... and then theres all these toyz trying to come up... but they need us to get better... if these kids coming up just keep doing the same gay bubbles and dont get skooled on a wall by good people, who will inspire them to keep going...
    i dont know why this bothers me but it does... i went to my citys legal yard the other day and it was all buffed and i had heard rumers of it going to get shut down.. but i still did my pieces and as i was finishing the highlights and out lines... 4 other writers came to paint... i just finished mine and thought hey cool, ill get more footage for the video.. but when they(2 toys) where finish before me and i had been painting already for a while i went and look at it... and it look SHITTY.
    the name DOTZ, now someone with style could tear that name up... but this kid sukked, badly... and usually i always remember this wall beings filled with sick shit that made people stand back in awe... i remember a time when it wouldnt even hit it up because i felt my work wasnt good enough..so id go underneath the train tracks(its like a wash)... the truth is even then my style was better than that shit... but i respected the artists who were good, now a days i know of maybe 7 skilled painters that can tear that wall up.... yah it may seem like alot if they were all in the same krew but i am thinking of only the writers i consider good... which is 7 out of like 100 which isnt alot at all...i dont wanna preach but im just hoping that im gonna meet some good writers soon that might be able to show me some things ya know, but i still do my contributation to graffiti and help out kids coming up, like give em fat caps teach em how to add a little style to letters, show flares, how to dye streakers, ya know shit i either learned from someone or just figured out myself....

i dont think i really have a point, but if i did then this venting would be for, to tell good writers... dont just hate on toys(unless they slash everyone) maybe try to teach em shit and help, cause remember everyone starts somewhere your not born with a spray can.....
    [Broken External Image]:http://picserver.org/view_image.php/4MQ60W5QL2L9/picserver.jpeg

2. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

and that picture has what to do with anything?

3. vegimite on toast

ohh sorry dude i read the bottom of the pic and i understand i thought it was some dude just licking out some girl and he went uh well too far

4. wemz

wemz Member

You talk too much

5. drop

drop Senior Member

those toys are just begginers, they'll get better in time like all of us.

6. draino

draino Senior Member

haha vegimite

wwell i havent been writing for so long so i dont consider myself a pro or what ever but i do help people improve their style cause for me it comes a little easier. not that im special or anything but i help a lot of friends improve their style. even my 12 year old sister wants to write(on paper but she wants to do wallss when she gets older!) i really enjoy seeing people consider graffiti as an art and nnot some stupid crime..................

7. oblong

oblong Elite Member

8. draino

draino Senior Member

but on second though i kinda taught myself all i know,,,, hmmm

what exactly are we supposed to talk about in this post?

9. Tony

Tony Elite Member

10. CaSoNe

CaSoNe Elite Member

haha thats what i waz thinkin that tag blows

11. Chance301

Chance301 Member

best post ive read on the board this far. stay posi

12. mr.white

mr.white Senior Member

Man I understand your message completely. I was just kinda confused why your picture is drawn so poorly. I wish i knew somebody to help out because there are many toys out there. Im not the best writer myself but I could teach some things to people in need.

13. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

gawd damit...i was gonna quote that same shit........but ur drawin skills suck...did u actually take time 2 draw that? looks like a 5th grader did it

14. vegimite on toast

and you talk too less :p :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

15. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

what the fuck....if ur gonna hav a gay tag, then atleast be good at it...ur tag is horrible, and so are you....even ur little drawing sucks, the girl looks like a fatass

16. Meq

Meq Member

Fuck I had a better tag when I had only been writing for 4 months.

17. haze

haze Member

it looks like he did that tag on Paint or some shit. If not, yea it does suck a bit.

but i remember when i first got into graff and stuff and not all the writers in my neighbourhood hated all ''toys'' most of them acutally took some time in helping me and some others, and showed us how to develop our individual styles and gave us tips. they were really helpful and i thought it was pretty cool :D

18. neurosis

neurosis Senior Member

19. mad

mad Elite Member

that he does
    n fuck these toys
    i learned all by myslef like a big boy
    n so should these fuckin herbs
    who think they run the show

20. #1 suspec-t

#1 suspec-t Member

i totally see wat hes sayin i remeber wen i was gettin started nt long ago at all an i wud of bin so grateful 4 sum1 to have helped me an my crew