Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Painter's Touch/american Accents... The End?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by miracle idiot, Apr 7, 2007.

Share This Page

1. miracle idiot

miracle idiot Member

I've been noticing recently, here in the midwest, that alot of the American Accents and Painter's Touch lines are being merged into one Painter's Touch line it seems with a male valve system...

Anyone have any experience with this? Or anyone know any details on this?
    Painter's Touch and American Accents are two of my favorite lines of paint, I hope they dont completely change them... but it looks like thats gonna be the case. All the female valve system cans I own have 2003-2005 Copywrite dates on them, and the new line with the male valves has a 2006 copywrite on them.

Discuss...

2. WestRocMassive

WestRocMassive Member

dude youre kidding right? fuckin those are some of the best cans man. theyre only like a buck but they still rock balls. fuckin shits

3. Albert Fish

Albert Fish Elite Member

more like $3.12 i dont know where youre getting painters touch for a dollar

4. C-money fresh!

C-money fresh! Elite Member

most american accents colors are better than hardcore just theres not that many to chose from

better= thicker more opaque

its true

5. dajam410

dajam410 Senior Member

The can in general looks different, just watch out for it and take every female can they have while they last.

6. d_g

d_g Elite Member

And then someone can design female caps and they'll make a fucking killing on that shit. And hurry up and make some, I need some in NZ.

7. Rogue

Rogue Guest

They already have female caps

I've only seen the Male valve on the Painter's Touch Gloss, but it could have spread. Rusto will get over it and start making the male valves again on all of there paint, but atleast until then, ome of it still is female.

8. def.

def. Senior Member

my home depot just switched all of their pt/aa to male valve systems, so i am pretty bummed out.

9. minor crimes

minor crimes Elite Member

male valves arnt that bad. just use a deodorant cap if you want a round dot. my 3dollar cans in aus are male valve so dont winge

10. crozzy

crozzy Member

now americans suffer the same shit as aussie writers who use aussie exports / whatever else that isnt ironlak. i dont get why some companies even still make male valve systems, if your rough with the tin and the tip snaps your fucked and cant use it again. theyre fucked for caps, despite all the hairspray / cooking oil and whatever else they still dont compare to a skinny banana or a super silver fat.

11. dajam410

dajam410 Senior Member

I'm sure that if almost all cans became male-valved, some companies would start producing new caps for them. Who would buy female caps if you can only use them on expensive shit like Montana and Belton? Most writers can't afford it.

12. scape-one

scape-one Senior Member

rustoleum is just trying out the female valves for a temporary time,eventually i there supposed to switch back,from what ive heard

13. dajam410

dajam410 Senior Member

That doesn't make any sense.

14. Rogue

Rogue Guest

That doesn't make any sense. [/b][/quote]
    Yes it does. They are trying to market their new comfort tip, and see how it sells. It's basically a beta test of paint. But, who knows how long they plan to keep them.

15. miracle idiot

miracle idiot Member

do you know this for a fact? or are you just talking out your ass?

16. miracle idiot

miracle idiot Member

did you even read the post?

if you did you're a retard.

if you didn't. you're a retard.

17. linuss

linuss New Member

i've only noticed a few colors being switched to the male system, mainly gloss colors. just pop the cap off and make sure before you get it

18. Enmity

Enmity Elite Member

yes i actually just got back from Homedepot and almost all of the cans were replaced with the newer painters touch there were only a few of the older cans left and i snagged em . it sucks that they did this since american accents have some of my favorite colors

19. dinedgc

dinedgc Elite Member

they have some really nice new colors too, that's the worst part

i wish they'd make custom caps to fit the new valve system

20. uknome

uknome Member

from what i've see only the satin painters touch has a male valve system...everything else is still female...im in cali though baby...haha

one