Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The absolute needs for a graffiti artist

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Wastelandwolves, Jul 29, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Wastelandwolves

Wastelandwolves Senior Member

I was wondering if theres any other things that are needed or just useful for graffiti artists, I have like 30 cans, a bunch of mops, some scrawlers, caps and respirators, blackbook, blank stickers, slaps, stencils, homemade ink, like is there any other things that could be good, or anything anyone suggests from there own experience?

2. JediJay

JediJay Member

A ladder is always a plus!

3. Cabbage.

Cabbage. Member

Or a car... they're mobile ladders... ;)

4. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Ladders really help, Cap cleaner (both to clean caps and get minor paint stains off stuff you didn't want to get painty), more caps than you can shake a stick at. Something resealable for mulsh, and something to put that resealable container in as it goes everywhere! Screwdriver for opening mulsh(I have lost so many keys its not funny) Bottle of water, Gloves, baby wipes and a Thermos flask for a brew.

Don't get me wrong, not all necessary, but if there is space in the car.. it l come in handy at some point.

5. Wastelandwolves

What is a mulsh... and alright most everything else I got around here I more meant certain kinds of pens or pencils, markers or ink recpiees

6. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Mulsh is emulsion, or roller paint. I only really play out with Tins caps and Mulsh. You can draw with Crayola if y have to. I've got a decent selection of promarkers for my bb.

7. Slushi 6989

Slushi 6989 Moderator

You have more than enough to get started. IMO all you need at any given time is one thing that can write on things

8. Wastelandwolves

9. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

10. Wastelandwolves

Got paint too but doesnt fit in the pics

11. HexxInkworks

12. Wastelandwolves

Solid point, im still playing with styles but im drawing and writing everyday

13. HexxInkworks

good man, also remember that just cos youve used a letter and it doesnt mean suit the rest of them doesnt mean you should discard it, you could use it for another tag, btw whats in that picture? and how much was it all, having an art-supplies-gasm from it

14. Wastelandwolves

Hahaha its like 4 bottles of block by block, an clear bottle with homemade ink, 20 scrawlers 10 mops 12 paint markers, stickers exacto knives, and carboard for stencils lol plus caps tips and any other random art supplys I pickup in my travels

15. Wastelandwolves

It took awhile of collecting and not too much, I just pickup random supplys whenever I go out or see stuff maybe a few hundred

16. HexxInkworks

what are scarwlers those solid paint sticks? and why do you need 10 mops?!?!?!?! gmme one ;)

is it corrugated cardboard? cos thats shit man you want the cardboard which is more like thick card if that makes sense? if not some plastic sheet, i pinched some from college cos it was sat there doing nothing and iits the bumb, its near enough invincible, i think its called PVC sheets, but im not sure. do you know what a art portfolio is? the cheap tacky versions of them use it.

also ive remembered that post office places like royal mail and usps give out things with lil plastic sheets in them, try those?

17. Wastelandwolves

Yeah they are Junobo paint sticks, buttery as shit on just about anything they write on, and you need mad mops for the different sizes, different paints or inks, homemade projects involving ink or homemade nibs, you need lots of everything man, selections half the fun, I dont know what carboard it is but its not normal its thicker and harder to bend lol

here in canada the post office doesnt even give free stickers, but I have a couple meters of clear sticker cover sheet

18. HexxInkworks

ah yeah ofc with the different sizes and stuff and didnt think about putting different liquids in them or colours

19. Wastelandwolves

Some mops look good with paint, others inks, some come out too drippy or thick, you gotta play around and find whats right for you, but Junobo paint sticks are fucking amazing

20. HexxInkworks

i havent had a paint stick but i cant imagine me liking one, and whats the point in using a mop if it isnt drippy?????