Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bringing respirators bombing

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Matthew0420, Aug 2, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Matthew0420

Matthew0420 New Member

I was wondering if it makes sense to bring a respirator or something to protect your lungs, but also wouldnt it seem a little sketchy if anyone were to see you walking around wearing one? Kinda takes time to put on and off so its not like a quick hide.

2. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Any PP3 dust mask will help. Should always use a respirator though man. Paint is generally very nasty stuff.

3. Wastelandwolves

Wastelandwolves Senior Member

For anyone whos planning to bomb for a long time, or trying to not get sick, its a must have

4. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

i dont tend to wear one when im just spraying a sticker or two for a background or something like that i tend go outside for that sorta thing, but i dont have a respiratory for big pieces anyway, i just use a bandanna or one of thos dust masks mentioned before

5. Wastelandwolves

Those work ok, but if this is something you want to do for a long time safety is a neccesary thing

6. HexxInkworks

i wouldve got one by now but money

7. Skelz

Skelz Member

@hexx you can get a respirator for 27 bucks at home depot in the paint isle. wait till you see how broke you are when you have to pay for dialsys treatments when your 50.

8. HexxInkworks

A) im not in america and B i dont use spray for a long amount of time anyway like i said before, i havent done a piece yet becuase i dont have enough paint

9. Wastelandwolves

Respirators are a need, bandanas and shit dont filter the toxins

10. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Neither will a dust mask, that's only for heavy particulates. Need the amorphous gas filter and the heavy particulate one for it to actually work. Should always keep you mask in a sealed bag too, as when its in not its basically always filtering so its usefulness will have run out by the time you use paint.

11. Wastelandwolves

Its a need man, if you cant afford it yet, dont bomb until you can

12. HexxInkworks

13. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

cheep n nasty IMO that man. 3M ones are the shit.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/reusable-respirators/0711766/ Isn't a bad price for what it is, though you can get a 7200 series one with all filters for about £35.

And I wouldn't say don't paint until you have one, but I go through nearly 10-20 tins a week if I get a few days off. So it would be stupid of me not to wear one.

14. HexxInkworks

yeah well like that fair doos you sorta need one but i havent painted pieces yet cos i only have black, i cant get proper graff paint either unless i go to a city or pay stupid amounts for p&p, like i said i only use it for like a minute

15. Cabbage.

Cabbage. Member

I hear if you're outside you're fine, but it doesn't hurt to have one. I usually use one regardless of inside or outside. If you decide to not to wear one outside, just hold your breath when you go for big sprays and fills.

16. HexxInkworks

yeah i never use spray inside, whether its lacquer or paint

17. HexxInkworks

18. Wastelandwolves

Any respirator that has the interchangable pads for safety will work

19. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Face mask is the same as mine but filters are different. and if you don't use paint, I'm pretty sure you will be fine without one for now.

20. Cabbage.

Cabbage. Member