Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

"dollear can bombing" in the UK

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by HexxInkworks, Aug 17, 2015.

Share This Page

1. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

"dollar can bombing" in the UK

the term is what it is, being bale to buy cans of spray paint for a dollar, but i was wondering if theres anywhere in the Uk that sells cans of spray paint for a pound? (£)??? i went into 3-4 different shops that i could imagine selling spray paint, and imagined it would be like £3 which i guess i wouldnt mind, but no, instead its £5 for some medicore spray paint when i can buy actualy graff paint with that apart from i cant cos no where locally stocks it.

so back to the question again, have you guys in the UK found anywhere where you can get £1 (or similar priced) paint?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  2. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  3. Nue

Nue Member

Just go with the 3 pound stuff theres a reason why it cost so little and mostly off the dollar paints out there are shitty

4. HexxInkworks

ive found some, they have black grey and white all re glossy in poundland, but they have female caps

5. Nue

Nue Member

Just buy a cap adpater

6. HexxInkworks

7. av3r

av3r Member

I got some shit from Halfords a while back called Color Match for 1.50 each reduced but the colour selection was lacking, ended up with a few decent navy blue cans since all the others were just shitty grey and murky colors. There's also that Auto Extreme shit but thats £3 a can and you can get Mtn Speed for the same price up here.

8. HexxInkworks

Yeah there isn't any graff shops local to me though so :(

9. HexxInkworks

Yo man good shout, sorry I didn't reply to you didn't see you replied before I posted that poindland comment, do you know how much the p&p is on both sites? Cos I've tried to find out myself but I need to make an account first and cba with thay

10. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Alfreshco are free next day delivery on orders over £75. No idea on Illuminarty stuff. I Just go my local shop in Liverpool now a days, or alfreshco if its a big wall and need specific colours. Alfreshco's in Cambridge if your down south ways, Kak works there too, so always worth a visit for a chat and a brew, ha

11. av3r

av3r Member

yeah i usually have to travel an hour or so to get montana (bus then two metros) - worth it though since its on one of the most common lines for graff so theres always new shit on the tracksides plus it gives the opportunity to get up in places i usually wouldnt be at (im from up north uk, newcastle-ish area)

i ordered from alfreshco a while back, think i got four cans a few markers/refills and it was £6 next day although its free shipping over £75 so it'd probably be better to buy a decent amount of cans in one go and get free shipping as opposed to buying a few at a time and wasting on shipping

i see you skate too, rad

12. loonaii

loonaii Elite Member

13. dudeatyahoo

dudeatyahoo Senior Member

man if theres any dollar store around they might have them. also the Spanish montana paint company offers like super mini cans, legit you could fit them into a sock. but you might have to order those unless they sell it where you live.

14. HexxInkworks

yeah i know about the mini cans i have (used up) 2 mini montana black cans i got for free haha, but the postage is £8 which is worth more than the can so fuck that

yeah alfresh seems pretty tight, nice prices unlike graffcity which is pricey, was gonna order some more caps but £6 for like 10 caps sorta sucks :(

yo wheres the graff shop in liverpool cos im going to liverpool again with the college soon so ill pop into there and lost art :p

15. HexxInkworks

yeah its a typo man, ive tried to correct it but it wont let me :(

16. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Lost art has moved to slater street now, and Zap (Liverpool Graff shop) is in Oldham place, not far from where lost art used to be.

17. HexxInkworks

okay cheers man, whatre the prices like?

18. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Between £3-4, good selection of diff brands. it's where I get most of my stuff from.

19. HexxInkworks

thats alright, at least i wont have to pay £8 postage -.-

20. av3r

av3r Member

I got some of that last week, wasn't too bad actually aside from the female caps. 300ml and decent for throwups, think I got 6 or 7 out of two cans (two filled and the rest were hollow); would rather stick to decent stuff, noticed Wilkinsons had some Painters Touch/Rusto in the weirdest colours aka gold, fluorescent pink and fucking glow in the dark. racked the pink and it was pretty nice.