Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What type of paint is rusto?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by HexxInkworks, Aug 27, 2015.

Share This Page

1. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

So I was gonna make krink, I finally coughed up for some thinners, but since I live in the UK rusto will probably be hard and expensive to get, was wondering what type of paint it is so I can get a English/cheap alternative, is it oil based paint or oil based paint designed for metal or what? Sorry to post this but I've done like 15 minutes of googling and fuck all comes up

2. ETC!

ETC! New Member

This comment is just here so i can see when someone answer :D
    Ps: Can someone recommend germany available paint for ink?

3. HexxInkworks

its oil based paint man, otherwise known as exterior, interior/exterior paint

4. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Sorry for going geek in advance.

I believe that Rusto is (started as and now mainly is)a zinc based paint in order to stop ferrous metals rusting. Galvanising(zinc coating) metal does this. I use chrome zinc based roller paint to stop Unistrut/Cable Trays oxidising and thus lasting longer on most outdoor installs. Rustoleum is available in the UK, though its known more as Painters Touch over here. Its more expensive than a tin of Montanna black so personally, I don't see the point. Saying that.. I have a tin of Kyrlon and Rusto in my collection purely for novelty value.

5. HexxInkworks

see, you couldve answered this qeustion when i needed it to be answered :')

6. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Only seen it today man.

7. HexxInkworks

no worries man i was joking anyway