Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

I don't want to be a toy

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by The_Lord, Sep 5, 2015.

Share This Page

1. The_Lord

The_Lord New Member

I have been into graffiti for a long time but have never really done it myself. i am just about to start but don't want to be classed as a toy. I dont really want to rack my paint from anywhere because i want to support my local graff shop. I don't really like spraying on PEOPLE'S walls or PEOPLE'S cars but I dont care about council things or public walls. I really dont want this to make me a toy, can anyone let me know if it does ?

2. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

Well for a start don't post stupid questions like this, secondly you can be into "graffiti" or properly into graffiti, and good because supporting a graff shop is good and spraying on actual people owned stuff not council/company stuff (even though this is paid by the tax payer so is sorta people's stuff anyway) is a dick move

3. Slushi 6989

Slushi 6989 Moderator

If you've ever been good at anything in your life, you'd know that you have to start out sucking at it first.

4. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

...bruh.
    Alright, look, everyone that doesn't paint hates your shit regardless of how 'toy' it is.
    A lot of them also hate you, personally, for painting on something without permission.
    They don't give a shit if the property is public, private, abandoned or not.

The 'by the book' writers are a dying breed. A good riddance, in my opinion.
    What walls you hit, how you get your paint, REALLY doesn't matter to anybody but you.
    Just have some common sense and don't go over anybody if you're afraid to fight.
    You are always going to be 'toy' to someone, just write your word on the damn wall.

PS:The whackest, most "toy" thing you can do, is worry too much about what everyone else thinks of you. (and that's not just in graffiti)

5. Gengar

Gengar Member

Words of wisdom.

6. Flow-->

Flow--> Senior Member

When you first start your going to suck. But just add different designs and try new things until you find something that you like or has really good flow.