Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 1 of 88 123456112151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1765

Thread: Suicide

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Tdot
    Posts
    5,125
    Credits
    4
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    I actually thought abot making this thread a while back
    And hope that it can stay on track and be helpful to those that need it most

    Sadly BS has come to realize how serious suicide can be, by loosing two of our most talented members

    Ive also noticed that we arent very supportive here in our own community.
    We can clearly see that in the whatyalooklike thread.

    There could also be a connection in the fact that graffiti is a frowned upon by society. It's hard to make our parents, gf's, etc happy and proud when we are getting arrested and in trouble with the law.

    Personally Ive also noticed (no offense to anyone) that graffiti writers tend to be the kinda person that dont fit in with other groups. Usually because as artists we see beyond just fitting in.

    Anyways I dont really know what we can cover in this thread, but I'm hoping anyone out there in need of help realizes there are resources for you. People who you can turn to and who wont judge you. People like your school concuiller, kids help line, your teacher, etc and they are usually well trained to deal with depression and suicide.

    Being depressed is very common, and I'm sure most people have had the thought of suicide cross their minds. So you are not alone with the pain you feel, we have all been there. The best thing to do is vent, express those feelings to someone you trust because tackeling depression alone is hard and usually we end up in our own deeper ditch of pity.

    So to all you out there trying discover if life is worth it, it is but it may take alot of time before you can see that light again. Being happy doesnt happen in a heart beat it can take a whole life time, but dont rush your lifetime and end it early otherwise your pain will be passed on to others that cared deeply for you (and sadly the ones you want to feel your pain wont even care).

    Here is the Canada Kids Help Line
    www.kidshelp.sympatico.ca
    1-800-668-6868

    The Suicide Information & Education Centre
    www.siec.ca/

    ...and the US
    Natl. Referral Network for Kids In Crisis
    1-800-KID-SAVE (543-7283)

    National "YOUTH" Crisis Helpline
    1-800-999-9999

    National Hopeline Network
    1-800-SUICIDE or 784-2433

    SPANUSA-Suicide Prevention Advocacy Network
    1-888-649-1366

    Suicide Information & Education Center
    1-403-245-3900

    Survivors of Suicide/American Foundation of Suicide Prevention
    1-800-723-7985


    ...and worldwide
    http://www.befrienders.org/ - A 24-Hour confidential e-mail service by the Samaritans)
    Kickin' it

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    180
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    good thread to make.
    job for t.o writers.... pm me!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    somewhere in the u.s.
    Posts
    67
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    i attempted once and ended up in a mental hospital..... shit is fucked up, seen it happen to too many friends. life is never that bad, there is always atleast one thing to look forward to. if your thinking about pulling some stupid shit, get some help..... you only get one life and when you die, you leave so much pain behind.

    shit is not worth it
    ...dream as if you'll live forever...
    ....live as if you'll die tomorrow....

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    954
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    One of my good friends shot himself in the neck and bleed to death in his room while his mother was trying to kick the door down. She never got to him.

    If he could have seen how it affected all of his friends and family I know he would have never done it. I miss that kid..

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    42
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slEEt View Post
    One of my good friends shot himself in the neck and bleed to death in his room while his mother was trying to kick the door down. She never got to him.

    If he could have seen how it affected all of his friends and family I know he would have never done it. I miss that kid..
    ur freind is retarded

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wont View Post
    ur freind is retarded

    your a fuckin ignorant piece of shit, thats just disrespectful
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaPainter View Post
    gesus do you know of any good sites about starting to deal weed?
    Quote Originally Posted by BORG View Post
    you look like brother n sister, shits kinda creepy
    luckily, incest isnt frowned upon on bs

  7. #7

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by slEEt View Post
    One of my good friends shot himself in the neck and bleed to death in his room while his mother was trying to kick the door down. She never got to him.

    If he could have seen how it affected all of his friends and family I know he would have never done it. I miss that kid..
    ya man suicide is just stupid. I mean you dont just throw away your life like that.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    ex-moderators island, carolakistan
    Posts
    4,170
    Credits
    153
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Thanks for the thread, Ms.Fyt. I hope this can help some of our comrades and fellow artists in the scene.

    We live an incredibly taxing lifestyle. To my fellow artists who take their art seriously, we are out every single night, risking death and arrest, and let's face it, graffiti promotes a rather self-destructive lifestyle outside of the art itself. Drugs and alcohol go almost hand-in-hand with graff these days. We lead second lives, resulting in twice the stress. It's not surprising to me that so many brilliant artists have met their end by their own hand.

    We need to band together and support one another, and squash our bullshit beef, and recognize we're all in the struggle together to support one another when things are rough.
    WORD IS BOND.

  9. #9

    Default

    It's kind of weird how you should mention that. I quit doing drugs and drinking, and I found art and making music as a great part of my being sober now. Most of the cats I write with all faced the same problems and are clean now. Graff is a sort of self-destructive lifestyle, but the art and emotion I pour into everything I do creatively has done more for me mentally, than any other self-destructive behavior. Shit gets rough, and art [especially graff] is a way for me to find myself inside my art.
    Quote Originally Posted by FOEone View Post
    ...Drugs and alcohol go almost hand-in-hand with graff these days...

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by FOEone@May 7 2007, 12:22 PM
    Thanks for the thread, Ms.Fyt. I hope this can help some of our comrades and fellow artists in the scene.

    We live an incredibly taxing lifestyle. To my fellow artists who take their art seriously, we are out every single night, risking death and arrest, and let's face it, graffiti promotes a rather self-destructive lifestyle outside of the art itself. Drugs and alcohol go almost hand-in-hand with graff these days. We lead second lives, resulting in twice the stress. It's not surprising to me that so many brilliant artists have met their end by their own hand.

    We need to band together and support one another, and squash our bullshit beef, and recognize we're all in the struggle together to support one another when things are rough.
    Yo homie thats whats up and its the straight truth Fuckin amazing thread and I can almost guarantee at one point or another most of yall have had the thought cross your mind wether it be a detailed plan on suicide or a very vague thought. Truth be told its crossed mine when everything seems to go wrong and im in a pit of shitty thoughts and no1 to turn to. And as gay as this is gonna sound or as fuckin much as people are gonna talk shit graff was there for me at the hardest point in my life. When I felt I was worthless, when I felt I had noone in the world that cared for me , when I felt I had nothing to hold on to anymore there was graff. I realised all I had to my name was my graff and my ups and as pitty as it maybe there are some kids out there that look up to me even if its only as a writer its a good feeling when I felt that life shouldnt go on and I was hopeless writing on a fukin wall saved me. Even if it didnt literally stop me from doing something stupid to myself it flicked a switch in my head and thank god for that cause it gave me a push for graff and everyday Im happy I do it wether I be a vandal or a legal eagle it was something I used to vent.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDwellerOner View Post
    Yo homie thats whats up and its the straight truth Fuckin amazing thread and I can almost guarantee at one point or another most of yall have had the thought cross your mind wether it be a detailed plan on suicide or a very vague thought. Truth be told its crossed mine when everything seems to go wrong and im in a pit of shitty thoughts and no1 to turn to. And as gay as this is gonna sound or as fuckin much as people are gonna talk shit graff was there for me at the hardest point in my life. When I felt I was worthless, when I felt I had noone in the world that cared for me , when I felt I had nothing to hold on to anymore there was graff. I realised all I had to my name was my graff and my ups and as pitty as it maybe there are some kids out there that look up to me even if its only as a writer its a good feeling when I felt that life shouldnt go on and I was hopeless writing on a fukin wall saved me. Even if it didnt literally stop me from doing something stupid to myself it flicked a switch in my head and thank god for that cause it gave me a push for graff and everyday Im happy I do it wether I be a vandal or a legal eagle it was something I used to vent.
    my life took this exact same turn when i started writing, my brother had recently attempted suicide, i was not close to any of my family members and my "friends" were barely aquantinces..art and music was my life and without them i couldve easily kileld myself ,i thought about it weekly if nto daily for a long time...luckily im in a way better position now and hopefully will never return to that depressing time
    ...O.D. on These Trees...

  12. #12

    Default

    thanx 4 this thread

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Netherlands - Zoetermeer
    Posts
    35
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Nice thread.
    Let's hope it will help some people.
    I thought about suicide a few years ago at school, age of 10.
    Was bullied, not normal.
    But when i thought about the good things of life i had the strenght to carry on.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    central FLA
    Posts
    2,072
    Credits
    1
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    I had a few friends who though about suicide. and a few of them actually carried it out. My x girlfriend sent me photos right when we started goin out of her arms batterd. they were cut so much. and they wernt scratches they were deep enough were see needed medical attention. i was the only one who knew about it.. then she told her bestfreind. and thats when we had to get her help. she was pissed.

    if you know anyone who cut's them selfs or is tryin to comit suicide. dont stand back and let them do it. you need to step up and tell someone. it only takes one time for them to hit a main artery and they are dead.

    i have had one of my good friends take a belt and hung himself from the top bunk bed. i walked in to see if he wanted to go swimming.. thats when i discoverd him not alive.

  15. #15

    Default

    thanks for the thread miss fitt. i think its a good thing to have here. right now its a little too close for comfort but ill pop in when i can.. but i do appreciate the thread.
    ~ em eff sea ~ 666camp ~

    Quote Originally Posted by GeSuS_KRiST View Post
    hes really a mad scientist warlock warewolf vampire dark lord from the triple six super hero crew

    ill die before your name does. waster12

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    665 Neighbor to the Camp
    Posts
    84
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Msfyt, great thread. I've been close to it once, and hope that I never go there again. Luckly for me, I had a girl who loved me...

    Skateparadise, thats some truth right there. Dont just stand back and let your friends do that to themselves. As bad as it can seem, life aint ever as bad you think.

    To everyone who has lost someone.... I hope that someone is livin in the sky in a better place.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    ex-moderators island, carolakistan
    Posts
    4,170
    Credits
    153
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    I'm pretty sure this thread wasn't meant to be a "name-drop everyone you know who killed himself" thread, fellas.

    Let's show some respect.
    WORD IS BOND.

  18. #18
    Rogue
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by FOEone@May 7 2007, 03:10 PM
    I'm pretty sure this thread wasn't meant to be a "name-drop everyone you know who killed himself" thread, fellas.

    Let's show some respect.
    I don't think they meant it like that. They just told about it so people who think about suicide seriously can see how it affects other people. Suicide is never the answer, no mater what your going through.

  19. #19
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    2,448
    Credits
    45
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Good thread idea

    Any of my friends on here if you ever need any help, I'm not just talking about things so serious as suicide, but anything like relationship troubles, depression, or just any old bad day always feel open to drop me a pm, or ask me for my MSN / AIM.
    78 ZOF 78



  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    910
    Posts
    111
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFI. SPit View Post
    Good thread idea

    Any of my friends on here if you ever need any help, I'm not just talking about things so serious as suicide, but anything like relationship troubles, depression, or just any old bad day always feel open to drop me a pm, or ask me for my AIM.


    same here.


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back Top