Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Problems with Dollar paint cans

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Jayjay10, Nov 11, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Jayjay10

Jayjay10 Member

When I was going to do a throw up, I had a white can of the dollar spray paint from walmart, and I sprayed it on the wall and it took forever to layer, a throwup wit four letters usually takes three minuties but i swear i was standing there for five minutes jus to get a decent fill. Its a female can so I had used one of those caps from the Elmers spray glue that acts as a fat cap. I dont know if its the cap thats reducing the output making it take longer to fill or the paint is just really shitquality.

If the cap is causing it, does anyone know how to make it spray more paint WITHOUT buying a new cap ;)?

2. dudeatyahoo

dudeatyahoo Senior Member

maybe shake it up more so its not spraying solid pigment, also it could be the cap, but who knows, maybe if you get an other can from the dollar store and it acts the same then it could be the can. idk maybe try those suggestions.

3. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

Dollar paint kinda just sucks like that in general, your better off spending the extra buck er so and getting some quality paint, it will cover WAY better and uphold to weathering for MUCH longer. Like 3 dollar cans = 1 can of the good shit. Fat cap all day. If you wanna cheap out I'd go with Rusto with a sect adapter and then outline with the good shit, that's what I do. Saves you money so you kinda get best of both worlds.

4. TheHoly

TheHoly Senior Member

Where I live its 8.50 for a can of budget and same goes for a can of ironlak.

5. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

Dude buy online, that's just plain outrageous. Sounds like the storefront just really doesn't want people buying it, if that's the case though, why even sell it?

6. TheHoly

TheHoly Senior Member

Lowest price online is 7.50, must be where I live ahah fuck.

7. kickiticy2

kickiticy2 Senior Member

Rusto is all i need / want. I went through dollar / designers and rusto is my pick. Plus a pink adapter plus a ny fatt. Excited talking about it.

8. Geraldicer

Geraldicer Banned

Problems with Dollar paint

Thank you Torpedine for the post If you dont mind me asking, what was the module you used to do the actual booking process, along with CGCalendar?

9. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

Invest in a metal classic man for a few bucks more it's very much worth it!

10. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

it might be cos its a a dollar can, you can get okay dollar cans and really shit collar cans, hence why theyre a dollar, since theyre a dollar they wont have "high coverage" like how graff branded paint does, that just means more paint comes out for the amount of time you spray.

or maybe its how youre pressing the cap? instead of pressing just down press down and pull it back towards you slightly

11. kickiticy2

kickiticy2 Senior Member

Real talk tho it could be what u painted on. Dollar cans can be okkkk for dusty fills if ur paying for paint. Deff a good can of rusto for the outline tho

12. BANKO

BANKO Senior Member

Walmart white dollar cans are trash,any wall with that lil shiny primer shit like sewer channel walls will eat that shit up.literally it disappears as it dries

13. loonaii

loonaii Elite Member

Steal some rusto

14. Vandlism

Vandlism Member

Stealing cans is hard where I live because they are right behind the counter and their a a lock and glass on it. The only store I could rack paint I like 3 hours away. (Not including bunnings and super cheap auto) bunnings have crap cans like fiddly bits.

15. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

thats why its a dollar, its watered down shitty paint that does not cover well. i actually like dollar can white for highlights on pieces though and other effects

16. BANKO

BANKO Senior Member

I can't fuck with the Walmart whites but the black ones are good for the price