Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

problem with homemade ink

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by barbiton123, Nov 14, 2015.

Share This Page

1. barbiton123

barbiton123 New Member

hey, i made pen ink with 40 blue pens per half a cup of 95% alcohol. i let it sit over night and its not opaque... does anyone know what's the problem??

2. chkr

chkr Member

I've had a similar issue years ago and in my case it was just the quality of the ink I had used. The ink was also too thick, would even flow properly through the nib. Then went back and bought a better brand. That solved my problem.

3. Jayjay10

Jayjay10 Member

Same problem kind of, but when i make my ink and write it fades after a week :confused:

You should probably add less alcohal so the ink wont be as runny which makes it less opaque i believe. So maybe try a solution of 70/75% alcohol and maybe 50 pens or just stick with the amount you want.

I quit using Ink because whenever made it i couldnt get it right and it would fade :p

Good Luck n Stay Up

4. kickiticy2

kickiticy2 Senior Member

more pens less alcohol longer time

i made ink for a while and then gave up on it for some store pints but now im testing homemades again. i let alot of pens sit in a little bit of alcohol for like a week. dont hype it. and make it in something airtight. and then at the end hit it with just enough more alcohol to the consitency u want. dont forgte most mops are cool with paint so you can run pretty thick stuff. also i just throw garbage markers in for the fuck of it. to make it stain add brake fluid.. ur dad probably has some but dollars stores got em too. otherwise stop expecting stainless electric boxes to burn long... good luck guys

5. dudeatyahoo

dudeatyahoo Senior Member

honestly I have seen homemade ink outlast grog ink. So people shouldn't under estimate homemade ink.

6. barbiton123

barbiton123 New Member

It seems that the problem is that the ink won't come out of the tubes.. I cut them in small pieces and some of the ink comes out of tube but most of it stays in the tube.

7. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

Add the tubes from sharpies so if the ink
    doesn't come out by its self you can just squeze it out.

8. nikesbee

nikesbee New Member

use fish oils or any pill oil for thick ink