Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Graffiti/Street Art Preservation Startup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GraffitiForever, Nov 14, 2015.

Share This Page

1. GraffitiForever

GraffitiForever New Member

I'm competing in a startup competition called Startup Weekend. My team, a group of street art enthusiasts (and one former artist) with a little know how in app design, realized that the most difficult part about going to see murals and fire pieces in new places, or even in our own city, was that it may be gone by the time we get there, or we just didn’t know the area well enough to know where to find it. Our app will work with cities, photographers, and writers to discover and document the pieces. Users of the app may then be able to quickly search a city for art and design hotspots, contact local artists for commissions, and (if a writer gives us permission) buy prints and decals of their work.

By filling out the surveys below we can validate our idea, win the competition, and actually make this concept a reality.

For Writers: http://bit.ly/1WSL3zL
    For Enthusiasts: http://bit.ly/20TKB3Q

We stopped by the St. Louis Flood Wall today (home of Paint Louis) to interview some fans of the art in person. Pictures of some favorites attached.

Fear and Loathing in STL.jpg Hello....jpeg Batman.jpeg

2. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

an app where hipsters can take pictures and post the locations of spots so other hipsters can go and completely blow up said spots. hanging around smoking their hipster drugs and littering their gluten free vegan snack wrappers. genius.

*and If you try to have a comeback like "this app is for legal spots and commision walls only", I will have to say GAY. Like, when I wear my fresh tagged up jansport backpack that my older experienced writer homie dream painted (hes 19), I dont go looking around for legal spots. If you dont bomb them streets hard core, and only paint legals youre not an artist.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  3. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member