Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How to make a MOP with ACRYLIC Paint

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Jayjay10, Nov 24, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Jayjay10

Jayjay10 Member

Hey, imma show you how to make an acrylic paint mop.

Why acrylic?
    -Cuz the homemade ink fades in the sun my *****
    And you can't get your hands on a official brand mop wit sum great paint

The arcylic paint is 50 cents at Walmart and they are real easy to rack, Atleast where i stay.

TOOLS

-SCOURING PADS (semi- or soft type, NOT METAL OR HARD)(99 cent store)
    -ACRYLIC PAINT(Walmart)
    -SHOE POLISH CONTAINER (99 cent store)
    -SCISSORS (99 cent store)

first pull off the nib of the shoe polish and dump out the liquid. Then rinse the inside a few times

Next fill up the container with water
    then squeeze the paint into the container
    the red line represents where to fill the water up to,
    the water will rise when putting the paint in. The green line is where to stop when putting the paint in.

[IMG ]http://s9.postimg.org/x6atlz1mn/2015_11_24_19_24_44.png[/IMG ]

NEXT cut the scouring pad, about the width of the tip of the shoe container, then fold it horizontally, up and down, one time if its the thick scouring pad, if not fold it about two or three times and make sure its loose enough to where the watery-paint can flow through and put it in to where its a snug fit.

Now, put the cap back on and shake it so the paint and water can mix. Do this for a while probably two or three minutes. The water thins the acrylic paint out.

When you're taggin shit make sure you DONT SQUEEZE the bottle because the first few tags you can just squeeze it till it flows thru then hold it up and it will flow out. it drips crazy if you lightly squeeze tho, ENJOY

2. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

just to let you know acrylic paint is water based, so isnt as good as alcohol based stuff like graff branded inks and paints, the alcohol makes it stain while water obviously doesn't, acrylic is fine once its dry (depending on the quality) but can be buffed (once agian depending on the qaulity) acrylic paint is normally really thick so you'd have to thin it out, but while your tag is drying if it rains or someone tries to wash it off or something it will come off. ive done a tag with a montana ACRYLIC and someone tried to buff that with white spray paint...the key word there was try. ive done a few thermals with acrylic paint pens (poscas) and i havent clear coated them or anything and theyve been rained on for months and are still there. or if you dont want you use water based as you defo know you want your shit to stay mix acrylic with solvents like paint thinner for example...just a few suggestions/tips

3. javi1

javi1 Member

dog ur a waste yute if ur tryna bomb with acrylic paint might as well use crayons ya bumba clot

4. HexxInkworks

acrylic paint works and is cheap

5. Jayjay10

Jayjay10 Member

The water doesnt stain because it evaporates, same with the alcohol. The acrylic and ink stains, the water and alcohol are just used as thinners to get it through the nib.

If anyone washes a tag while its drying it will come off -_-. It takes atleast a minute for the paint to dry by then i dont think someone is going to have a sponge and water bucket scrubbing at your tag. I put up a tag with white acrylic a year ago and its been through 100 degree heat and weeks of rain still going strong as if i just put it up a couple minutes ago. Ive tagged with acrylic before and its hard to buff so usually it will be painted over.

BTW If you use white acrylic the water ratio has to be smaller so its less transparent

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  6. Jayjay10

Jayjay10 Member

Youve never bombed with acrylic before apparently

7. HexxInkworks

alcohol is just better though cos it stains into the surface, water doesnt

8. Jayjay10

Jayjay10 Member

The Alcohol is a liquid. The liquid will evaporate, so no it wont stain. The liquid acts as a thinner to transfer the thick ink into the nib. Its the ink itself that stains, not the thinner. :)

9. HexxInkworks

im sorry but youre just wrong, when i say alcohol i dont just mean liek vodka or something i mean a solvent

10. Jayjay10

Jayjay10 Member

What graffiti writer do you know puts DRINKING ALCOHOL in their ink? You're acting stupid af

11. HexxInkworks

no, i put that for clarification cos i dont know whether youre a retarded 13 year old or not :)

12. Travel

Travel Senior Member

Add brake fluid that stains I dno if it works with what you've done but no harm in trying

13. HexxInkworks

brake fluid is typically for solvent based recipies, idk what itd do to acrylic but i can imagine it going really weird

14. Ipos

Ipos New Member

I typically like to use a heavy lead based paint and everclear as my thinner. I then drink the markers and piss my art. I think i. Blind and i can smell with my ears, but sp far so good