Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

New to the scene would like a bit of help

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by robbie1, Jan 28, 2016.

Share This Page

1. robbie1

robbie1 New Member

Hi. I'm new to graffiti. Have always admired the art. So I have decided to give it a go. I still need to come up with a name for myself to carry as a artist. I am from the north of ireland.

I was wonder which would be the best and slightly cheap markers to use for practising on a sketch book and the best online store to buy graffiti equipment. Thanks for the help in advance!

2. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

since youre starting out, all youll really be doing is tags, and to practice tags all youll need is markers, id at the minimum get two markers, one fine point like a sharpie and then a chisel tip marker, you can get cheap markers for like a quid/dollar/euro/whatever but theyll bleed pretty bad, but doesnt hurt consdiering youre only starting out. obviously the more expensive the marker the better quality itll be. you can also just get a blank refill pad for a quid or whatever as well. i wouldnt bother getting "graffiti branded" stuff so soon

3. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

When you do actually go out writing the best website to order off of is graff city

4. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Graff City doesn't deliver paint to the US :/ oh well. Bombingscience.com is pretty much the tits for me.

Since you're just starting, and you have a notebook, kiss it goodbye cuz you're gonna be filling that up extra fast. Practice your tags. Over and over and over again buddy. I started out using sharpies and sharpies only, they are cheap, come in big colorful packs and last a long time. But get some extra blacks cuz you'll be going thru those the most. When practicing tags, start with a light color, say light blue or gree, then tag the shit outta the page, then move to a darker color like a dark red or something, tag the shit outta the same page....then last go over with black. You'll save paper this way...just a suggestion. If you start out with black you'll just spend page after page...that's how I practice my tags.

As far as a name, pick something meaningful and something personal. And research to see if it's taken or not.

Good luck.