Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

plain mops to buy in the UK

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by HexxInkworks, Apr 8, 2016.

Share This Page

1. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

been looking around for some empty mops, like krink bottles, the grog sqqueezers, whatever you get the ghist, i know we get can kiwis and bingo dabbers but i was wanting some proper ones and i was wondering if anyone knew where i can buy some plain unbranded, generic mops? ive looked about and cant really find anything hence posting on here

2. badder boy

badder boy Senior Member

drinks bottel and sock

3. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

You can order empty grog squeezers with a bottle of 200ml grog ink for £8 on graff city. I just filled the squeezer up with my own ink instead, but if you want unbranded empty mops you can get a pack of ten empty ones on amazon for about £20. Hope that helped.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  4. HexxInkworks

yeah it does man but 20 quid is a lot of money for unbranded shit

5. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

Yeah but it is 10 big ass assorted ones with a buttload of nibs. I do know what you mean though £20 is a lot for unbranded mops, that's why I just fill up bingo dabbers with my own ink.

6. HexxInkworks

what do you use for the nibs man? cos the standard ones just rip and whenever i try my own nibs the paint doesnt flow through, ink does but ink flows through anything. been mixing some acrylic with solvent so it stains harder and trying to find something to put it in basically

7. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

For paint I use the sort of foam you get in sofas, I roll it up fold it in half and stuff it in.Or I use a cut up bit of sock but it depends on your paint I suppose I just keep testing nibs untill I find one that works. Sorry if that was a bit vague to be fair I just use any old shit that works. Maybe you could use those makeup circle pad things I heard there good or even surgical gause.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  8. HexxInkworks

Yeah I saw some of those felt circle things the other day you put them on the bottoms of like chairs and shit, and any idea where I can get someone that surgical stuf for cheap?

9. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

I'd try either super drug or boots. Maybe Amazon carries some of it. Failing that fold up a shoe lace and stuff it in, that's what I did when my nib got shredded on a wall.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  10. HexxInkworks

ah cheers man, for my ink mops i use these...i dont even know what they are but theyre basically like better qaulity paper towels, theyre not paper though theyre like a felt. i throw that in an eye dropper and its fucking sick, i need to learn how to make better ink though

11. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

I've used those felt towel things too there fucking amazing. Oh and by the way 400ml of nail varnish remover, then add 64 cut up biro ink tubes, leave it for a couple of days and there you go. Just don't sniff it that shit burns the back of your throat like fuck (I learnt that the hard way)

12. HexxInkworks

yeah man i get them from college for nothing, saw a load of different ones in wilkos for pretty cheap FYI, and i do that (not to that measurement though) and it ends up being shit haha

13. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

To be honest the first batch of ink I made exploded in my face and the second burnt through my kiwi mop lol

14. HexxInkworks

tbf you might as well just stick with water and acrylic as its so much easier

15. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

Yeah I just use bucket paint mixed with water now. Or just kids art paint, it's actually pretty hard to buff.

16. HexxInkworks

seriously :') i was gonna get some of that and mix it with solvent to make it stain a bit more

17. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

That's what I did to begin with but then I just got bored and stuffed a bit of foam in the paint bottle and hit shit up. That was like 3 months ago and they only just painted over it lol. I guess people are just lazy around my area.

18. HexxInkworks

19. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member